11

02:45am My eyes shot open, my body shooting up as the dream ended

02:45am
My eyes shot open, my body shooting up as the dream ended. My breathing hitched, sweat dripping down my burning forehead. I quickly observed the dark room, relief washing over me as I saw bill sleeping peacefully. I quietly got out of bed, rummaging around for my bag. Once I'd finally found it I immediately pulled out my phone, no messages popping up on the screen.

Guilt flooded my stomach, knowing faye had needed me. I guess I did move fast, but at the time I didn't realise it. I was so caught up in bill and his life that I forgot about my own. I tiptoed towards the balcony, the bitter wind chewing at my skin. I took in a deep breath before dialling her number, my nails tapping against the rail.

"y/n?!" She cried, answering the call.

"I'm so sorry faye, I shouldn't have left so quickly." I sighed, biting my lip.

"Listen to me, you need to get out of there now." She croaked, the signal glitching.

"what?" I muttered, staring out into the distance.

"get out of there! It's not safe, it's all a lie." She sobbed, her breathing hitched.

"Faye?" I panicked, the call beginning to cut out.

I squinted my eyes, seeing three black cars approaching Bill's house. Suddenly they drove into the gate, knocking it straight off of its hinges. I dropped my phone before running inside, bill rubbing his eyes as he looked over to me.

Abel burst into the room, a gun in his left hand.

"The sulivans are here sir." He yelled, an ear shattering bang entering my ears.

"what?!" Bill screamed, jumping up.

My lower lip shivered as bill sprinted to the walk-in closet, Abel shooting me a concerned glance.

"What is happening?" I questioned, hugging my elbows.

"Get her out of here" bill ordered, loading a silver gun in his right hand.

"Where should I take her?" Abel asked, grabbing my arm.

"The mansion" bill growled, heading out onto the balcony.

Abel harshly pulled me out of the room, my half naked body scraping against the walls as he rushed downstairs. The dark lounge came into view, a gun shot catching me off guard.

"Stay here" Abel whispered, leaving me alone by the stairs.

I quivered as I hid, my eyes darting around to the shattered glass on the floor. In the same moment I felt a sharp pain as I got dragged upwards, a masked man holding a knife to my throat.

"Come with me and stay quiet." He spat, pressing the cold metal into my skin.

Tears streamed down my face as he tried to take me away, Abel noticing almost immediately. He sprinted after us, blood splattering down my body. My eyes widened as I looked next to me, a bullet wound through the man's throat. I felt my breathing get worse, Abel rushing me into Bill's parked car in the garage.

I begun to shake as I sat in the car, Abel starting it up without a second thought. I moved my hazy gaze to my hands, dark red blood dripping from them onto my thighs.

"bill." I cried, looking back at the house.

"He'll be fine." Abel murmured, picking up speed.

"W-What was that?" I gasped, gripping my tight chest.

"I don't know but I can guess." He continued, taking a sharp turn.

My arm bashed into the car door, a surging pain forming.

"They're after you." He sighed, wiping the blood from his face.

I shook my head, refusing to accept the situation. My body still violently shaking. Why would they be after me? How did faye know?.

————————
I blankly stared at the glass of water in my stained hand, sitting in the middle of the purple lounge. The fireplace comforted me as I sobbed, still trying to comprehend what I just witnessed. It had been an hour since we left and still no sign of bill. I heard Abel on the phone, he sounded furious.

The blood on my body had now dried, it crumbling onto the white carpet below.

"Is he okay?" I asked, looking up at Abel.

"yes. You should get some rest." He groaned, rubbing his forehead.

"rest? how can I rest when he's still out there?" I croaked, my brows curled up.

"He's fine. He wants you to get some sleep." He growled, placing his hands on his wide hips.

I moved my sorrowful gaze from his, the flames next to me reflecting into my sore eyes.

"now." Abel demanded, grabbing my arm.

I didn't fight back, my body still frozen as he dragged me up the steps. He threw me into the master bedroom, the glass in my hand shattering onto the marble. I hugged my knees to my chest tightly, burying my head into my own skin. None of this makes sense. None of it.

09:57am
My eyes reluctantly opened, my body cuddled up in the soft sheets. I turned around to see bill next to me, his head resting on my shoulder. His soft breathing calming my nerves, his arm plastered over my body. I noticed a small cut on his cheek, gliding my finger over the bumpy texture. His eyes suddenly opened, his gaze relaxing as he saw me.

I let out a sigh, looking up to the white ceiling.

"I'm so sorry you had to witness that." He whispered, caressing my cold hands.

"Abel said they were after me. Is that true?" I huffed, glancing back at him.

He nodded slightly, his hollow eyes falling low.

"why?" I asked, turning onto my side.

"I don't know." He murmured, his jaw tense.

"Stop lying to me bill. Real estate agents don't have random guns around their house" I whispered, biting my lip.

"well this one does. The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. All that matters is you're alive." He groaned, sitting up.

His arm left my body as he walked towards the bathroom, the sun shining in through the stained glass window..