Excitement

Marjorie had spent the day in a whirlwind of emotions, her mind racing as she prepared for this pivotal moment. She had always known that revealing her pregnancy to Carly would be both significant and sensitive, given their recent reunion and the complex history surrounding Marjorie's ability to have more children. But now, with everything in place, she was ready to share the news.

The house was cosy and quiet, the late afternoon sun filtering through the curtains and casting a warm, golden glow across the living room. Marjorie's heart raced as she set up the space for what she hoped would be a meaningful and supportive conversation. She wanted Carly to know just how much this baby meant to her and how important it was for them to navigate this new chapter together.

Carly arrived at the house, her usual cheerful demeanour lighting up the room. She had been helping out at the sister nursery lately, and she hadn't had time to talk to her about what was going on. Marjorie greeted her with a hug, trying to steady her nerves as she led Carly into the living room.

"Hey, Carly," Marjorie said, her voice a touch unsteady but warm. "I'm really glad you could come by. I've been wanting to talk to you about something important."

Carly's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "Hi, Mom! I'm glad to see you too. What's up? You look like you have something on your mind."

Marjorie took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. She led Carly to the couch and they both sat down, the soft cushions offering a bit of comfort. "There's something I need to tell you, something I've been holding onto for a while," Marjorie began her fingers nervously fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. "It's about me and our family."

Carly leaned forward, sensing the gravity of the moment. "Okay, I'm listening. What's going on?"

Marjorie's heart pounded as she continued, "I've been keeping something from you. I'm pregnant."

Carly's eyes widened in surprise, and her mouth dropped open slightly as she processed the news. "You're... pregnant? Really? But how? I thought—" Her voice trailed off as she struggled to grasp the reality of what Marjorie had just told her.

Marjorie nodded, her gaze steady but filled with emotion. "I know it's a shock. I was told I couldn't have more children, but it turns out my body has adapted in ways we didn't expect. It's been an overwhelming experience, and I wanted you to hear it from me directly."

Carly's initial shock quickly gave way to a look of excitement and curiosity. "Wow, Mom, this is incredible! I can't believe it! I'm going to be a big sister!"

Marjorie felt a wave of relief as Carly's reaction shifted from surprise to enthusiasm. She had hoped for support, but seeing Carly's genuine excitement filled her with warmth. "Yes, you're going to be a big sister. I'm really happy you're excited. I know this is a lot to take in, but I wanted you to know how much this baby means to me—and to us as a family."

Carly's face lit up with a wide smile. "I'm so happy for you! And for us! I've always wanted to have a sibling, and now it's actually happening. I can't wait to be a big sister. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?"

Marjorie shook her head, smiling through her tears of relief and joy. "We don't know yet, but we'll find out soon enough. For now, I just wanted to share the news with you and let you know how much I appreciate your support."

Carly's excitement was palpable as she reached out to hug Marjorie tightly. "This is going to be amazing! I'm so excited to meet the baby and to be a part of this journey with you. We're going to be a great family."

Marjorie's heart swelled with gratitude as she hugged Carly back. "Thank you, Carly. It means so much to me that you're so supportive and excited. I know this is a big change, but having you by my side makes everything feel a little easier."

As they pulled apart, Carly's eyes were sparkling with anticipation. "When do we get to start planning for the baby? I want to help with everything—picking out baby names, decorating the nursery, everything!"

Marjorie laughed softly, her heart light with happiness. "We have a lot to plan and prepare for, and I'd love for you to be involved in every step. It's going to be a new adventure for all of us, and I'm so glad we'll be sharing it together."

The conversation continued, filled with joyful planning and heartfelt excitement. Marjorie and Carly talked about what the future might hold, imagining the possibilities and discussing their hopes for the new addition to their family. The bond between them deepened as they embraced this new chapter together, and Marjorie felt a renewed sense of optimism and joy knowing that Carly was excited and eager to be a big sister.

Reece had just walked through the door after a long day at work, his mind preoccupied with thoughts of the upcoming challenges and joys of fatherhood. As he entered the house, he was greeted by the familiar warmth and comfort of home. The soft hum of the evening and the gentle light coming from the living room created a welcoming atmosphere.

However, before Reece could even take off his coat, Carly came bounding into the hallway. Her eyes were wide with excitement, and her face was illuminated with a huge, beaming smile. She had been waiting eagerly for Reece's return, her heart brimming with joy after the recent revelation about Marjorie's pregnancy.

Without a moment's hesitation, Carly launched herself into Reece's arms, tackling him in a spontaneous, enthusiastic hug. The force of the embrace nearly knocked Reece off balance, but he steadied himself, his surprise giving way to a warm, affectionate laugh.

"Dad! You're home!" Carly exclaimed, her voice full of exhilaration. "I've been waiting to see you! Guess what?"

Reece, slightly taken aback but thoroughly delighted by Carly's exuberance, wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. "Hey, Carly! What's going on? You seem really excited."

Carly pulled back just enough to look Reece in the eye, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for you to be a dad. I'm going to have a little sibling, and I'm really excited to help with everything!"

Reece's face lit up with a genuine, heartfelt smile. He had been looking forward to this moment—the moment when Carly's excitement about the pregnancy became apparent. "Thank you, Carly. It means a lot to me that you're so enthusiastic about this. I'm excited too, and it's great to see how happy you are."

Carly's enthusiasm was contagious. She began to babble excitedly about all the things she wanted to do to prepare for the baby. "I've been thinking about baby names and nursery decorations! There's so much we can do. I can't wait to be a big sister!"

Reece chuckled, his heart swelling with affection for Carly and anticipation for the new chapter in their lives. "I'm looking forward to all of that too. It's going to be an amazing experience, and I'm glad we're all in this together."

As Carly continued to share her ideas and dreams for the baby, Reece listened attentively, his worries and stresses from the day melting away in the face of Carly's infectious joy. He felt a deep sense of gratitude for the supportive and loving family that surrounded him.

The warmth of Carly's embrace and the sparkle in her eyes were reminders of the incredible journey that lay ahead. Reece was ready to embrace the challenges and the joys of fatherhood, knowing that he had Carly's enthusiastic support and Marjorie's love and strength by his side.

As they continued to talk and laugh together, the atmosphere in the house was filled with hope and excitement. Reece felt a renewed sense of purpose and anticipation for the future, knowing that they were embarking on this journey as a united and loving family.