Wintumn

"Right. Thank you for keeping us up to date. Good luck." Autumn ends her phone call with Charlotte, and sits down next to her husband on the couch.

She rests her head on his shoulder and starts playing with his fingers. Winter could see that hia wife was stressed.

"Darling, please stop stressing. It's not good for you." he tries to ease his wife. Rubbing his thumbs along the back of her hands.

"I can't help it my sweet. What if..."

"I know. I'm scared too."

He kisses the top of her head, before getting an idea. With a small smile, he gets up and walks over to their record player. He looks through their records, hovering over the Taylor Swift Folklore before spotting something that might just be perfect.

He takes the record out, and mives the needle to the exact spot he needs it. Autumn looks up at him as she hears the tune start to play.

"My I have this dance?" he reaches out his hand, and with a smile she takes it.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow

Winter rests his hands on her hips and she wraps her arms around his neck. They start slowly swaying to the music.

One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

He leans in, placing a soft, slow kiss on her lips. As they kiss, she plays with the smaller hairs at the back of his head.

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything, take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this

As they pull away from the kiss, her shoulders relax for the first time since they have come back from the hospital. Winter could feel the stress leaving his wife. They rest their foreheads together as the continue to sway to the music.

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Autumn had been feeling ill for the last few days. At first she thought he had eaten something that didn't agree with her. But as the time went on, and she did not get any better, Winter knew something wasn't right.

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
One step closer
One step closer

When they were at the hospital, she got sick again, and Winter could not watch his wife in so much pain, and he convinced her to go to the doctor.

Luckily there was one that could give her a look over. He had given her a few reasons why this was happening, but one stood out to them

They didn't want to get too excited, as things went so wrong last time. They both were so scared that it would happen again, and if it did, they would be just as crushed as the last time.

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Autumn let a tear fall, thinking about what they had been through. As just as any onther time, Winter was there to wipe the tear from her eyes. He held her face in his hands, stroking her cheeks.

"No matter what happens. I am here for you, my sweet." she smiles at the man she loves.

She pulls him in closer and hides her face in his neck as the song comes to an end. She was already feeling slightly less stressed. He knew exactly whe she needed.

"Why don't we go take a bath. I know that helps you destress." he whispers in her ear, stroking her sides softly. All she does is nod into his neck, but doesn't make any attempt to move.

Winter smiles and leans down to place his arm under her knees, lifting her up. She wraps her arms tighter around his neck ans he carries her to their room.

Just as they want to walk through the doorway, they hear the phone ringing.  She pulls her fave out of his neck, looking at him with a worried look. He puts her down and, she rushes to grab the phone.

Her heart starts beating faster as she sees that it's the hospital calling. She is scared to know and hesitates before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mrs Fortune-Knight?"

"This is her." her heart feels like it is sitting in her throat. Her hands starts shaking.

Winter takes her free hand, placing a kiss on the back of it. She instantly calms down, knowing he is by her side.

"We have your test results back... You..."

It felt like the whole world was standing still as she listened to the words from the other side. She squeezed Winter's hand in her own.

"We will need you to come in as soon as possible. There is a lot that needs to happen before we can take the next steps."  tears were now streaming down her face.

"Yes, of course. I will make arrangements for this week." she finally managed to get out. She thanked the woman and hung up the phone, shakily placing down the phone.

She turned to face Winter, taking his other hand, and leading him to sit down on the couch.

"Autumn. What is it? What did they say?" his eyebrows knitted together as Autumn took a shaky breath.

Winter could feel her hands still shaking, and her tears had not stopped or even slowed.

"Winter... I love you, you know that right?"

"Yes, my sweet. I love you so much as well."

"Winter... I uhh..." she tries to tell him, but a sob gets caught in her throat. He pulls her into his arms as she continues to sob. He doesn't push her to tell him he knows she needs to let this out first.

"Winter... I have cancer."