Tell the Truth

The next morning, the three of them woke up to a hot desert day. 

But the rainstorm was still where they could see it. 

"There it is" said Charles Wallace. "We better hurry if it's leading us to Calvin."

"But first, we should call Cal, let him know we're on our way" said Sam.

She took out her flip-phone, hoping Calvin still had his. 

Luckily, Calvin did have his phone and he picked it up. "Hello?"

"Cal, it's Sam. Charles Wallace and I are coming to rescue you" said Sam.

"You are? Thank goodness. And thank you" said Calvin.

"We're heading northwest of the Sahara. Where are you?" said Charles Wallace.

"In a cave the IT calls Anywhere" said Calvin. 

"Anywhere?" said Charles Wallace.

"I wonder why it calls it that" said Sam.

"It's an enchanted cave. You never know where you are or what you're doing there" Calvin explained. "Every turn you take, you're somewhere else, so you need to be extremely careful not to lose your way."

"That's kind of like Camazotz being a planet of many faces" said Charles Wallace.

"Except you don't see it change. No matter where you go, you're just wandering until you get frustrated and your hope turns into despair" said Calvin.

"Now that's what I call hopelessly lost" said Sam.

"That's why if I ever find myself in another area, I remember which direction I came in" said Calvin. 

"But Calvin, what about Paul?" said Jeremy.

"Calm down, Jeremy" said Sam rubbing the man's shoulder.

Now Calvin was puzzled. "What are you doing? Why's Jeremy with you?"

"He insisted on coming. He heard Paul was with you" sad Charles Wallace.

"Is he alright?" said Jeremy.

"He's fine... but I don't think you will be once I tell you this" said Calvin.

"Calvin, what's happening?" said Jeremy suspiciously. 

"Jeremy... I've heard that you used to date a certain Jackie Miller" said Calvin.

"Yes. Is she in this Anywhere as well?"

"Yeah, she is. And she thinks your cousin is you."

Jeremy scoffed. "Everyone thinks Paul is me. We're identical."

"But the thing is, I told Paul to play along so her love for you will find us a way out" Calvin confessed.

"You set my cousin up with my ex-girlfriend?" Jeremy gasped. 

"Easy, Jeremy. It's not a bad idea. Love is the IT's greatest weakness. So if Jackie falls hard enough for Paul while she still thinks he's you, it'll probably be defeated" said Sam.

Jeremy sighed. "As much as I'd love to defeat that thing... I can't let you do this to Paul."

"Yeah, Cal. The least you could do is tell Jackie the truth and not let the IT know you're a warrior" said Charles Wallace.

"I think I better. I'll do that while you guys make your way" said Calvin. "In the meantime, Jeremy, I am so sorry about this."

"You're forgiven. But I hope Paul is when he confesses" said Jeremy. 

"Don't worry about it for now. Just focus on getting here. Keep going northwest until you find a dark and ominous cave. And when you get in it, follow the path of the pink and blue crystals. That's how you get to Anywhere" said Calvin.

"Hang tight, Cal. We're on our way" said Sam before hanging up.