Jeremy's Dilemma

The next morning, Charles Wallace was having breakfast with his roommates Jeremy and Andy Clyde. 

"I gotta hurry up with this week's episode before I take off. I'll be back to say goodbye to you guys later" he said.

"Whatever works" said Andy.

"See you this afternoon, Charles the lad" said Jeremy.

Then the boy left and the married couple was left alone. 

"You know... I'm glad to have Charles as a roommate" said Jeremy.

"Me too, honestly. He always lights the place up" said Andy.

"Not only that. He's got a big profession, which may be keeping us going. Him and you" said Jeremy.

"Well. Money is better earned than grabbed" said Andy. 

"I only wish I could earn my own. Working with Chad can only take me so far" said Jeremy.

"Did you ever tell him about that big acting career you wanna have?" said Andy. 

"I tell Chad everything. And we've appeared on telly a fair few times" said Jeremy. 

"Yeah. I know how bummed you were when you never got to have your own show" said Andy. 

"But still, he's always known I'm an actor. It's how we met. It drama school" said Jeremy. 

"Really?"

"Yes. Chad was just in a different course than I was. But he still handles dialogue well enough."

"He really does. I've seen him do it" said Andy.

Jeremy gave her a smile and she returned it.

"Well, I... I better get going. I can't keep Sam waiting" said Andy.

"See you tonight" said Jeremy. 

Andy kissed her husband then rushed off to the police station. 

After she left, Jeremy started breathing heavily like he was afraid of something.

He placed a hand on his stomach, terrified of a strange feeling in it.

"What is going on with me?" he asked himself. 

Jeremy took a walk to the hospital where his good friend Meg worked. 

He saw her in the hall putting some surgery equipment away.

"Hullo, Meg m'dear. Have you a minute?" said Jeremy.

"Jeremy. Hi; what are you doing here?" said Meg. 

"I'm not feeling too well. Think you can tell me why?" said Jeremy.

"Sure. I could spare a few seconds" said Meg.

She took Jeremy to a room and had him sit on the examination table. 

"So what's going on?" said Meg.

"Just a bit of a queasiness around my belly" said Jeremy.

Meg examined him and it only took a few seconds to figure out what was wrong with him.

"Jeremy... I don't know how to say this" she said.

"Don't sugarcoat it, luv. Tell the truth" said Jeremy. 

"You're pregnant" said Meg.

Jeremy's eyes widened. "I am?"

"Yeah."

"And how did you figure that so fast?"

"I examined you the same way I did Chad when he got pregnant" said Meg.

"And the last time he got pregnant, we both were at the same time" said Jeremy.

Meg nodded. "While I don't think Chad's pregnant now, at least you both have now gone through it twice."

"Well, quite honestly, I don't know how Chad handled two. This may be a threat to my career" said Jeremy.

"Not necessarily. Children are expensive, and it could be a motivation to advance your career" said Meg. 

Jeremy smiled. "Perhaps. But being locked in a hotel is one thing. Being pregnant onstage may not be the best thing."

"I dunno. But in the meantime, I'll congratulate you" said Meg rubbing Jeremy's shoulder.

Jeremy thanked Meg, kissed her on the cheek, then headed back to the apartment building.

Even after the comfort she'd provided, he was so overwhelmed having found out he was carrying a baby. 

"Whatever will I do?" he said to himself.