Honesty Prevails

NOTE: listen to this track through this part.

Paul knelt down beside his cousin. "What's happening?"

Jeremy groaned in pain. "I think I'm in labor."

The IT heard him say that. "It must hurt, eh? You must despise your baby for hurting you."

"You really love the taste of hatred, don't you?" Jeremy screamed. "It's my child! And I love it!"

"Nonsense" said the IT. "I've seen your thoughts, Jeremy Clyde. So fearful of your pregnancy, you fled to your parents. Your child grew bigger as you came closer to the darkness of Anywhere." 

"My baby might have come from your foul play, but I love it anyway! Just like I love my cousin enough to come to this heart of darkness for him! And that's... the... TRUTH!" Jeremy sobbed.

Then his labor pains got worse and he let out an ear-piercing scream. 

"Just hold on, cousin. You'll be fine" said Paul rubbing Jeremy's arm. 

"Jeremy!" Jackie gasped running up to her ex.

She knelt down in front of him and grabbed his hand. "Jeremy, I didn't mean for this to happen. I swear I didn't. I didn't even know the IT was behind my poor listening skills."

Jeremy let his tears flow freely. 

"Please forgive me, dear. You don't have to forgive me for cheating on you; I know it's unforgivable. In fact, I won't even be surprised if you told all your friends what a villain I was" Jackie cried.

"Poor child" said the IT. "My darkness is the reason for your past flaws as well. The boy will never forgive you now."

Jeremy was breathing heavily, trying to process what he just heard.

"Please. Tell the truth" Jackie pleaded.

Jeremy thought about it. "Jackie... I never did tell anyone about you. I was trying to lose the memory of you. I know it's an awful thing to say, but it's true."

"Oh, Jeremy..." Jackie whispered. 

"I was ready to blame you for the past, and this, but... now I understand it wasn't your fault. And before I say more, I must admit that I got married last Christmas" said Jeremy.

"Very well. After everything I've done, I wouldn't expect you to have the same feelings for me" said Jackie. 

"Good. Then I must honestly say that... I do forgive you, Jackie. For everything" said Jeremy. "And I forgive myself for taking so long to say so." 

Before Jackie could respond, Jeremy screamed in pain again. 

"Oh my goodness" Jackie gasped. 

"Hold on, Jeremy. You're nearly there" said Paul.

Jeremy was still wincing as Jackie and Paul held his hands.

"It's alright. One more, one more" Jackie encouraged.

Just a few seconds later, Jeremy's baby was finally born.

Paul took a good look to figure out its gender. 

"A daughter" he said. 

Jeremy held his newborn daughter in his arms for the first time and cried tears that were more happy than fearful.

"I love you" he whispered.

With that, the IT's black tentacles fell limp, implying that it was dying.

Just then, a burst of light broke through the chapel windows. 

Paul took a closer look and noticed the color of the sky. 

"It's blue! And the light is our way out!" he said. 

More light flooded Anywhere and the cave's walls dissolved. 

The gang was now back on the sandy road of North Africa.