Getting Closer

In the morning, at the Bard castle, Sam, Charles Wallace, and Jeremy were getting ready to leave. 

"We can't thank you enough, good sirs" said Sam.

"All in the line of duty" said Crispin.

"You think you can give us directions to Anywhere? The enchanted cave?" said Charles Wallace.

"Heaven protect us!" said Finnian. "That cave is very dangerous."

"But we need to go there to rescue our pal" said Sam.

"And my cousin" finished Jeremy.

"You're awfully brave for wanting to go there" said Bahram.

"Do you know the way?" said Sam.

"Travel northwest, as you have been, through the desert" said Finnian.

"Follow the storm down the sandy path and through the Plains of Epona" said Crispin.

"Finally, go through the Shepherd Forest, where the fireflies will guide you to Anywhere" said Bahram. 

"Thanks a million. We'll remember" said Charles Wallace.

"Good luck, friends" said Crispin as the gang left. 

As the three friends kept walking, Jeremy started to feel heavier. 

This caused him to move a little slower than he wanted.

"Jeremy, you okay?" said Sam.

"Yes, Sam, I'm alright. I'm just feeling a bit heavier than last night" said Jeremy.

Charles Wallace got a good look at Jeremy's pregnant belly.

"Yeah. And looking heavier too" he said.

"My goodness! It's only been two or three days" said Jeremy.

"Unless it's just been a really fast few months" said Sam.

"That's impossible. There must be something screwy. Jeremy only started getting bigger when we started searching" said Charles Wallace.

"Calvin should know about this" said Sam.

Then her flip-phone started ringing. 

"Maybe that's him now" said Jeremy.

Sam looked. "It is!"

She answered her phone and turned on the loudspeaker. "Hey, Cal, we're on our way."

"Yeah, I was wondering. How long?" said Calvin.

"We just need to go a little further; I'm not sure how long" said Sam.

"Hey Cal. Did Paul tell the lady he's not Jeremy?" said Charles Wallace. "And there's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say."

"He tried, but she didn't listen. She lost her temper and called Jeremy selfish" said Calvin.

Jeremy scoffed. "Doesn't surprise me."

"Did she always think you were selfish?" said Sam.

"Chad and I were so busy recording hits, she kept saying I don't spend enough time with her" said Jeremy.

"And how much time did you spend with her?" said Calvin. 

"Every single night" said Jeremy. 

"Gee. She sounds needy" said Charles Wallace.

"That may be why she cheated on me. She'd been at it with that wanker John Davidson" said Jeremy. 

"And she told you that he spends every second of every day with her" Sam guessed.

"Precisely" said Jeremy. 

"This may be harder than we thought" said Calvin. "Alright, you guys keep trekking. I'll put my thinker on about getting Jackie to listen to Paul."

"Thank you, Calvin" said Jeremy. 

"See you soon" said Charles Wallace.