Taking it From Here

Gayle and Calvin rushed off in opposite directions.

Gayle ended up in a serene lake area where the water was clear as glass. 

The lake was surrounded by freshly mown grass and just over it was a bluestone bridge.

Gayle found Dorcas standing at the top of the bridge staring at her reflection in the water.

"Dorcas dear... I'm afraid we're... not as close to escaping as we hoped" said Gayle.

Dorcas turned her head. 

"Or perhaps we're closer. I've been talking to that sweet Calvin and he confessed something" said Gayle.

"Yes?" said Dorcas.

"That boy he set Jackie up with. His name is not Jeremy" said Gayle. "His name is Paul."

Dorcas raised an eyebrow. "But he looks exactly like the boy."

"But he's not. He's related to him, but he's not him" said Gayle.

"Does Jackie know?"

"No, dear. I'm afraid she might never know. I hope the boy tells her."

"So do I" said Dorcas. "Come to think of it, the boy's honesty might build us an escape route."

"That's what I told Calvin. But we must never let on about this plan" said Gayle.

"Certainly not. The IT will know what we're doing" said Dorcas. "But if this... Paul doesn't tell Jackie, do we?"

"Calvin said to leave it to Paul" said Gayle. 

"And if Jackie doesn't listen, it may take more than one person" said Dorcas.

"I understand that. But I trust Calvin. He seems to be a boy who knows what he's doing" said Gayle.

"He certainly does. The first time I saw him, I could see it in his eyes; he's trained for all situations" said Dorcas. 

"The wonders I can make out behind those blue eyes" Gayle sighed.

"We can start by making this scheme of his obvious so Jackie will know about it" said Dorcas. 

"And we must hurry. Jeremy himself is coming here to save Paul" said Gayle. "We wouldn't want him to see his cousin with his ex-girlfriend."

"Of course not" Dorcas agreed.

The two of them both knew how serious this was now. 

They needed to get Jackie to listen. They needed to confess the truth if they were to ever escape.

But how?