The Shepherd Forest

Sam, Charles Wallace and Jeremy rode their horses into a dark forest. 

Most of it was black and the trees and grass were blue. 

"What do we do now?" said Jeremy.

"The bards said that to get to Anywhere, we had to get past the Plains of Epona, then through the Shepherd Forest, where fireflies will get us there" Sam recapped. 

"Well, we're past the plains. And this looks enchanting enough to be the Shepherd Forest" said Charles Wallace. 

"So where are all the fireflies?" said Jeremy. 

"Maybe it's too early. Fireflies come out at night" said Charles Wallace.

"It is night, buddy" said Sam. "We should get some rest. Jeremy might need it anyway."

"We can't stop, Sam; I need to crash Paul's wedding before it's too late" said Jeremy. 

"Jeremy..." Sam began.

"What? If you're worried about my baby, I wouldn't be. I'm still... somewhat thin" said Jeremy.

Charles Wallace got a good look at his roommate's belly. "Until now."

Jeremy had a look himself. He looked like he was almost full term. 

"But... how?" he gasped. "It's only been a few days."

Sam crossed her arms. "I still think it's magic."

"Of course it was; magic is the only explanation" said Jeremy. "But what kind of magic?"

"I still suspect it's dark magic" said Charles Wallace.

"You sure? We found out Jeremy was pregnant before Calvin was grabbed" said Sam. 

"Those events were only one night apart" said Charles Wallace. "And think about it. Before we started this rescue, Jeremy was thinner than my father's hair."

"And now I look like I've swallowed a melon whole" said Jeremy. "You may be onto something there, Charles."

"Hmm. It seems to be progressing as we get closer to finding Paul and Calvin" said Sam.

"Yeah. That reinforces my thought that the IT has something to do with this" said Charles Wallace.

"Well, at this rate, I don't even care if I give birth the second we get there. I can't leave Paul to die in that cave" said Jeremy. 

"You won't have to now. We're in the Shepherd Forest. All we need to do is wait for the fireflies" said Sam.

"Sam, it's getting dark. And weddings take planning. We can wait till morning" said Charles Wallace. 

"I guess. You okay with it, Jeremy" said Sam.

"You know..." Jeremy looked at his belly. "I suppose I could use the rest."