2kim - what friends always do

minju

"hon? wake up" i felt his hands on my shoulder, tapping it gently like he always does. "we're here" how enthusiastically he announced that.

my eyes felt heavy still and it hurts to even open yet to my excitement, i moved my seat up to sway the airplane curtain and to have a glance outside– to the country i grew up in. korea.

it's been years of nothing and now it felt like a sunday morning where i could pick up fresh roses to sell and it feels like home.

"has she arrived yet?"

"of course" he smiled, looking more excited than i am. "now get up and maybe you could rest more comfortably once we have a place to sleep in"

"love, i've got a house here. did you forget?" he just chuckled and apologized. i'm really not wrong with the man whom i choose to marry.

once our baggages are all handled. we made our way out the airport and searched for her.

i looked at her messages, saying she's arrived. but where is she?

"is that her?"

"that is her"

i wasn't even walking but i knew i stopped– i couldn't reach for her like looking at her face, smiling at me sucks all the energy out of my body. is it right to say seeing her again makes me weak?

"chaewon"

she rushed to me, both arms widened. i just knew i was meant to catch that and embrace her and so i did.

"i know you'd come back"

---

flashback

"oh c'mon! give me the money!" i yelled to this bob-haired school girl who's short 12.82 yen. she already had the rose but thankfully she's stopped biking and is just standing in front of our flower shop with other leg lapped on the other side of her mint green coloured bike.

she looks 16 just like me.

"i already gave you enough!" she yelled back, how hard is her face? i wonder if i can punch that.

"no, miss. it's not enough!"

"so what will be enough? give me" she gave me the rose back and i picked up carnation instead to give to her.

"see? that wasn't so hard. maybe next time you can stop by and i'll give you a rose for free" i smiled now, how happy i am to have my first sell in the morning.

"you mean that?"

"oh yeah, of course and maybe you'll teach me something they teach in school?"

"i see why you're suddenly nice"

---

"hon, will you be okay here?" we just crashed into a hotel just for the night to have a rest because tomorrow will be a tiring moving up.

i asked chaewon if we could have a simple catch up tonight, she refused at first and tells me to just have a rest but i really missed her.

"we'll be going now!"

"take care hon and chaewon of course" he gave us a simple bow, we laughed at him for doing that. "what you laughing guys"

"is that what you're teaching your fiance? you always are so diabolical, kim minju"

---

flashback

"are you really going to help me here?" i asked chaewon, on her uniform but says she will not be attending school. instead, she'll help me here to sell flowers.