Chapter 53

Third Person POV

As the days turned into months, like before Jhoana and Bea's relationship continued to blossom. They had fallen into a comfortable rhythm, sharing moments both mundane and meaningful. Despite their closeness, Bea had never officially asked Jho to be her girlfriend. It wasn't out of doubt but because she wanted it to be special—a memory they would both treasure forever.

And today, Bea had made up her mind. She was going to ask Jho to be her girlfriend. She wanted it to be perfect, so naturally, she needed help. Who better to call on than Jia and Ate Ella?

Bea paced back and forth in the living room, a little anxious but more excited. She had been planning this for a while now, and she knew tomorrow was the day. Everything had to be flawless—Jho deserved nothing less.

Bea's POV

"Okay, focus, Bea, focus," I muttered to myself, trying to steady my thoughts.

I dialed Jia and Ate Ella, knowing they'd be at work since Jho had her duty too.

"Hello, Ate Ella," I greeted as soon as she picked up.

"What's up? Aga mo naman tumatawag. Nasa duty si Jho," Ate Ella said, sounding curious.

"Hmm, are you with Jia ba?"

"Yeah, Ju. Hinahanap ka ni Bei," Ate Ella answered as she turned the camera to Jia.

I took a deep breath and smiled. "Okay, so... I'm going to ask Jho to be my girlfriend tomorrow since it's the weekend and wala kayo duty."

Both Jia and Ate Ella exchanged glances, their expressions lighting up. Jia grinned, sitting up on the couch.

"Finally! I've been waiting for this. What's the plan? Spill!" Jia said eagerly.

Ate Ella smirked. "About time you made it official. Jho's been a saint, waiting for you to make a move."

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, I know. But I want it to be perfect. I've already got the basics down, but I need your help to make it extra special."

"Tell us everything. We're all in," Jia said, leaning closer to the camera.

I grinned and pulled out my backup phone, showing them some pictures and ideas. "So, here's what I was thinking. I'll take Jho to the rooftop garden tomorrow, right around sunset. It's her favorite spot in the condo, and she loves the view. I'll set up some fairy lights and sunflowers to make it all romantic."

"Wow, you're going all out," Ate Ella teased. "Very Beatriz of you."

"Well, duh," I said, rolling my eyes but smiling. "This is a big deal. She deserves the best."

Jia clapped her hands in excitement. "Ooh, I love it! We can help set everything up while you're keeping her busy."

"Exactly," I nodded. "I need you two to distract her while I sneak up to the rooftop and get everything ready."

"Got it," Ate Ella said, leaning back. "Leave the distraction to us."

Jia nodded eagerly. "We'll take her out for coffee or something, maybe do a little window shopping. You'll have plenty of time."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you! I couldn't do this without you two."

Ate Ella grinned. "Yeah, yeah, you owe us. This better be cute, though. I don't want to help with some half-baked proposal."

"Trust me, it'll be perfect," I said with growing confidence. I could already picture the look on Jho's face when I asked her to be my girlfriend.

The Next Day at the Rooftop

Bea's heart pounded as she set the final touches on the rooftop. The fairy lights twinkled, casting a soft glow over the sunflowers she had carefully arranged on the table. The sunset painted the sky in shades of pink and orange, just as she had imagined.

 The sunset painted the sky in shades of pink and orange, just as she had imagined

A/N: this is the final touches on the rooftop.

Her phone buzzed—it was Jia. "We're on our way back. Jho's starting to get suspicious, so be ready!"

Bea smiled and texted back. "Perfect. See you soon."

Taking a deep breath, she stepped back to admire her handiwork. The rooftop looked magical, and she could feel her excitement bubbling over. This moment was going to change everything.

Meanwhile, at the mall...

Jia and Ate Ella had done a great job of keeping Jho distracted with an impromptu coffee run and window shopping. But now, Jho was starting to catch on.

"Okay, what's going on?" Jho asked, raising an eyebrow as they walked toward the exit. "You two have been acting weird all day."

Jia chuckled nervously. "What do you mean? We're just enjoying some time together!"

"Uh-huh," Jho said, unconvinced. "You're never this eager to go window shopping, Jia."

Ate Ella laughed. "Alright, fine, we may have been stalling a little. But trust us, you'll understand soon."

Jho crossed her arms but smiled. "Fine, fine. I guess I'll go along with it."

As they made their way back to the condo, Jia couldn't help but grin. "You're going to love what's waiting for you."

Jho gave them a suspicious look but kept quiet, her curiosity piqued.

Rooftop

When they arrived at the condo, Jia and Ate Ella led Jho to the rooftop. As soon as the door opened, Jho's eyes widened in surprise. The rooftop was beautifully decorated with fairy lights and sunflowers, the soft glow of the sunset making everything look surreal.

Bea stood in the middle of it all, holding a small velvet box.

Jho's heart raced as she took in the scene. "What... what is all this?"

Bea smiled, stepping forward. "This... is for you."

Jho blinked, her breath catching in her throat. "Bea..."

Bea opened the velvet box, revealing a delicate silver necklace with a small heart-shaped pendant.

"I've been waiting for the perfect moment," Bea began, her voice soft but steady. "Jho, I love you. And I want us to make this official. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Jho's eyes welled up with tears as she nodded, speechless for a moment. Finally, she found her voice.

"Yes, Bea. Yes, of course," she said, her voice shaking with emotion.

Bea smiled, her heart swelling as she placed the necklace around Jho's neck. Binuhat niya si Jho at nagpaikot ikot na parang wala silang kasama sa rooftop. Then they embraced under the twinkling lights, Jia and Ate Ella watched from the side, grinning like proud matchmakers.

"Finally," Jia whispered to Ate Ella, who just nodded with a satisfied smile.

It was perfect—just as Bea had planned.

----

A/N: I apologize for any typo and grammar errors you may have noticed. :D

Bahala na ulit kayo di ako nagproofread😭😆