Chapter 66

Bea's POV

As the time drew near, I felt my heart pounding in my chest. I needed an excuse to leave early, so I told Jhoana I had some last-minute work to finish.

"Love, I need to go sa office since hindi ako lumilipad, may kailangan akong asikasuhin, and sign ko na din yung ibang papers na need ng sign. Tawagan ko na lang si Jia na pumunta na siya dito para may kasama ka," sabi ko casually, kahit ang totoo ay papunta na ako sa venue. She just nodded, medyo disappointed, but she trusted me.

"Hindi na, love, 30 minutes na lang naman. Ingat ka, ha? I'll see you later," sagot niya, giving me a soft smile.

I kissed her forehead, trying to keep my nerves in check. "You sure?" She just nodded and gave me a tight hug. "See you later, love," I said as I hugged her back and she walked me out of the unit.

Naglakad na ako at tumingin ako ulit sa labas ng unit. Andoon pa din siya. "Don't forget to send me your look later," I said as I winked. Ngumiti naman siya.

Pagdating ko sa venue, hindi ko maiwasang mapangiti. The place looked stunning—way beyond what I imagined. Sina Jia, Maki, at lahat ng mga tumulong sa akin had done an incredible job. This proposal was going to be something out of a dream, and I couldn't wait to see Jhoana's reaction.

The venue was set in an intimate, formal garden, surrounded by sunflowers and towering trees adorned with strings of warm fairy lights. It was dusk, so the soft, glowing lights made the space look magical. As I walked through the pathway, candles in glass lanterns lined the ground, guiding the way toward the center of the garden. Each step felt heavier, but in the best possible way. I was ready for this.

At the heart of the venue, there was a gazebo draped with sheer white fabric, giving it a dreamy, ethereal vibe. The gazebo was beautifully decorated with cascading flowers—white roses, baby's breath, and soft blush peonies that filled the air with a sweet fragrance. The whole space felt like it was straight out of a fairytale, and the candlelight only made it more intimate and special.

The tables were set elegantly for a formal dinner, covered in crisp white linens with gold accents. A centerpiece of fresh flowers and candles in crystal holders added a touch of sophistication to every table. There were just enough seats for our closest friends and family—only the most important people in our lives.

 There were just enough seats for our closest friends and family—only the most important people in our lives

A/N: refer to this photo. Haha ang hirap gawin ng setup na yan ang dami kong tool na ginamit para magawa😩

My parents were already there, talking with Tita Lovel and Jaja, both smiling proudly. They gave me a knowing nod. They had been in on the plan from the start, and I could tell how excited they were. The rest of our families mingled together, laughing, enjoying the soft background music—a live string quartet playing in the corner, filling the air with calming, classical tunes.

I caught a glimpse of Maki and Cel, busy making sure every last detail was perfect. They'd been the masterminds behind this whole setup while I dealt with my nerves. Everything was set; the ambiance was elegant, romantic, and intimate—exactly what I wanted for Jhoana.

The venue had a formal yet warm vibe, reflecting the seriousness of the moment but also the love that surrounded us. We didn't want anything too grand or extravagant—just something that spoke of who we were as a couple, surrounded by the people who mattered most.

I took a deep breath, letting the reality of the moment sink in. This was it.

After an hour, nareceive ko na ang message ni Jia. "Malapit na kami. Good luck, Bei!"

I could feel my heart racing again. The next time I'd see Jhoana, everything would change. I checked everything one last time—the flowers, the lights, the dinner setup—perfect. This was our moment.

I took my place by the gazebo, standing under the soft glow of the fairy lights, waiting for Jhoana. This was it—the culmination of all the planning, the anxiety, and the excitement.

When I finally saw Jia and Jhoana walking toward the venue, my heart skipped a beat. Jhoana's face lit up with confusion and surprise as she saw everyone gathered there—our families, our closest friends, all waiting. I couldn't help but smile.

As Jhoana walked closer, her eyes grew wide with realization. The confusion turned into disbelief, and then into pure emotion as she looked around, finally understanding what was happening.

I stepped forward, my hands slightly trembling, but my heart steady with love. This was the moment I'd been waiting for.

Jhoana was speechless as she reached the gazebo, tears forming in her eyes. Everyone stood quietly around us, watching. The soft music continued to play, and the candles flickered gently in the evening breeze.

I knelt down in front of her, holding her hand, looking into her eyes, and in that moment, everything else faded away.

"Jhoana," I began, my voice shaking slightly. "I've known for a long time now that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. You make me better, you make me whole, and I can't imagine my life without you in it. This isn't just a proposal, it's a promise—a promise to always be there for you, to love you, to grow with you, and to cherish you forever. Four years of being together and after we parted for five years. We're together again for almost seven months, and that was such a long journey for us. Ayaw na kita pakawalan."

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she smiled at me, her hands covering her mouth in shock and happiness. Nakatingin siya sakin habang naka Luhod ako sa harap niya.

"Will you marry me?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest.

The world seemed to stop for a moment Ang tagal niya sumagot, "tita ayaw sumagot ni Jho," I said pinalo niya ko while nagtatawanan yung mga guest Jhoana nodded through her tears, whispering, "Yes, Bea. Yes, I will."

Cheers erupted from our family and friends, but all I could hear was the sound of my own heartbeat, and the overwhelming love I felt for Jhoana in that moment.

I stood up and wiped the tears from her face. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her as the soft music played and the fairy lights glowed around us. The proposal was perfect, and now, we were stepping into the next chapter of our life.

"Grabe Jho ang habang ng buhok mo, sarap apakan," sigaw ni ate ella kaya natawa ang lahat

"Mahal na mahal kita."

----

A/N: I apologize for any typo and grammar errors you may have noticed. :D

Bahala na ulit kayo di ako nagproofread😭😆