Chapter 6 The Escapees

Sonics sanity fell to the ground. Amy's blood dripped onto his hands. Sonic.EXE held her limp body and dropped his carelessly to the ground.

"Go on...say you want to die now..." He smirked and licked the blood off his lips.

Sonics sanity stared at Amy's body. His hands shook and tears slowly began to fall to the black floor. "A-Amy...I-I was supposed to protect her. I-I was her hero! I-I was her husband! Why?!" Sonics sanity cried out in pain. "She was a part of me!" Sonics sanity cried and grabbed her body. He held her bloody body and cried into her chest.

"I-I want to d-"

Sonics sanity felt something warm on his mouth. He sat up and gelt his mouth. He couldn't see anything over his mouth, but something was keeping him from speaking.

"Stop it! I want him dead! Do you want to be chained up too?!" Sonics sanity looked up when he heard Sonic.EXE's voice yelling at the air.

"This isn't real...it's another...it's another trance!" Sonics sanity thought. Then he looked at Amy's body. He began to dissolve and then he saw the dirt ceiling.

***
"Amy?" He moaned and sat up. His eyes shot open as he saw her in front of him. "You said you wouldn't kill him!" She spat.

"Don't do this to me, Amy!" Sonic.EXE growled. "I hate you! Leave him alone!" Amy screeched and she tightened her grip on her hammer.

"Amy..." Sonics sanity said and slowly stood up.

"Just great!" Sonic.EXE screeched. "You're all gonna get tied up here now!"

He grabbed Amy's arm and pushed her to the wall and chained up her arms. Sonics sanity was too weak to fight. Then Sonic.EXE tied him to the opposite wall, diagonal from Amy.

A few moments later he chained up Knuckles and Sticks.

***
(Half an hour later)

"I'm sorry..." Amy said hung her head. She couldn't even be on the same side as her friends. She was all alone. And worse of all, she was only inches into the shadows.

"What for? You saved me." Sonics sanity told her. Amy shook her head as tears fell from her cheeks. "But for how long? And...and I'm sorry Sticks and Knuckles. We didn't want you to remember what he put you through. We didn't want you to-"

"Just be quiet!" Sticks snapped angrily. "I'm not going to allow this to be what brings back my paranoia. We've had to fight bosses before, he's just another obstacle." Sticks told Amy.

"What we need right now is to escape." Knuckles chipped in. Amy and Sticks nodded. Sonics sanity pulled on his chains. "Mine won't budge." He said to the group. Sticks and Amy pulled on theirs as hard as they could. "Neither will ours." Sticks and Amy said.

Knuckles took a deep breath and dug his feet into the ground. Then he pulled with all his might. "Ergh!" He growled and pulled a little more. He managed to get one arm off the chain with a loud clink.

"Hurry!" Amy and Sticks whispered and then they all began to pull on their chains together.

Knuckles quickly got out of his chains and got the others out within 10 minutes.

Sonics sanity picked Amy up and held her tightly. "Come on, we've gotta go, now." He said as he ran up the way the had came in yesterday.

All of them were close to the surface when they heard Sonic.EXE scream with rage. "We've gotta hurry!" Knuckles yelled and they all ran faster. Amy looked behind Sonics sanity's shoulder to see Sonic.EXE crawling on all fours after them. He looked like a monster. Amy yelped when he jumped and grabbed ahold of Sonics sanity's leg. Sonics sanity fell to the ground. Amy rubbed her head and still cling to him. "GIVE HER BACK!!!" Sonic.EXE screeched.