Chapter 5 (Short Chapter-500 words)

Tails went home for rest once his casts were placed on. He would be able to walk again in a few months, until then, we were down one man. It didn't make a huge impact on us though. His construction-bots helped and did most of the work. Life was slow again, which was good for the time being.

Until Tails was well again, I took control his his construction-bots. I told them what to build, how to build it, and what colors it should be. It sounds simple, but there's a lot of math involved. It can get tiring. Even with the construction-bits and villagers helping, we still have a lot to do. The mayor wants the town to be completely finished in a month, which means we all have to work double, some triple.

I never knew that a normal life, no villains, no battles, would be like this. Some complain about how hard this work is, but it's almost stress relieving for me. I'm finally able to focus on other things in my life. With no fear of Sonic.EXE, Eggman, or other villains. I can be calm and look after Amy and Sane.

Which reminds me, I probably should get going before its dinner. I closed my notebook that held the codes and orders for the construction-bots. I waved goodbye to some of the villagers who were still hard at work. They waved goodbye and started up their hammering and work again.

When I returned home Amy already had dinner ready. Sane was fed and was running around underneath the kitchen table. I smirked as I walked through the door. "Daddy!" Sane yelled. "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" He giggled as he launched himself around my leg. "Oof! You might be getting too big for that." I chuckled and picked him up. Sane smiled and hugged my neck.

He then pointed towards the kitchen. "Mommy! Mommy!" He pointed and began to wiggle in my arms. "We're going to your mom, don't worry." I kissed his head and placed him on the ground. He ran to Amy and then pointed at me. "Is Daddy home?" She smiled at Sane. He nodded and bounced up and down as Amy handed me my dinner.

After dinner, Amy and I were in the living room. Sane sat at our feet playing with his toys while we watched whatever was on TV. "Daddy?" Sane said and tugged on my fur. "Hmm? What is it?" I asked him. He crawled into my lap and squeezed between Amy and me. Sane simply smiled at us. I cocked my head to the side then looked at Amy. She smiled back at Sane, happily. I shrugged and put my arm around her. She leaned her head on my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"Sonic?" She asked quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Promise me we can stay like this. No more worries, just us."

"I promise, Ames. I promise." I kissed her forehead and we let silence consume the room.