Introduction

"Your honor, the law is clear, and the evidence is undeniable. My client did not break any contract, because there was no contract to break. We can debate intentions all day, but at the end of the day, the facts are what matter. And the facts favor my client." Lingling paused, letting the weight of her words settle over the room. "I ask that you return a verdict of not guilty."

 Lingling sat down, her cold, confident expression never faltering.

The jury deliberated for what felt like an eternity, though it was barely an hour. When they finally returned, Orm braced herself, but deep down, she already knew what was coming.

The judge read the verdict. "We find the defendant not guilty."

Lingling didn't react—no gloating, no smirk—just that calm, impassive face as she began to pack up her files. Orm, on the other hand, felt like she'd been hit by a truck. All that work, all that preparation, and once again, Lingling had walked away with the win.

As the courtroom emptied, Orm slammed her briefcase shut, fuming. She could feel Lingling's presence behind her, that cool, confident air that always set her teeth on edge.

"Well,well.. Kornnaphat," Lingling's voice came, smooth as always, "I'm starting to think it's becoming a bit of a habit for you, isn't it? But not going to lie, losing does suit you"

Orm's jaw clenched. " Please You got lucky, Kwong," she bit back, barely keeping her voice level. "Next time, it'll be different."

Lingling raised an eyebrow, her lips curving into a small, knowing smile. "Mmm. Next time," she echoed, but her tone was so dismissive it made Orm's blood boil. "You always say that."

Orm whirled around to face her, meeting those sharp eyes that seemed to see right through her. "You think this is funny? You always act like nothing can get you."

Lingling shrugged, utterly unfazed. "Maybe because it can't." She took a step closer, her voice dropping just slightly, adding a teasing edge. "Or maybe, you just make it too easy. I mean, today? A missing signature? Are you sure you graduate first top class? Because back there, you were really deep deep in the bottom, last top maybe..."

Orm's face flushed deeper. She hated how easily Lingling got under her skin, and even more, how she couldn't seem to stop her. "Go to he—"

"Aww Did I make you mad, princess? " Lingling cut her off, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "That tiny little detail made you loose, you overlooked it, and now here we are." She paused, leaning in just enough to let her words hang heavy between them. "Again."

The smug satisfaction in Lingling's voice made Orm want to scream. Her hands curled into fists by her sides, nails digging into her palms.

As Orm turned to leave, hoping to escape this humiliating moment, Lingling's voice floated after her, a final jab that hit right where it hurt. "Oh, and Kornnaphat?" Orm paused, reluctantly glancing back. "Next time, please try not to make it so easy for me. I enjoy a challenge."

Orm spun around, fury boiling just beneath the surface, " This ain't over Kwong, I promise!"

Lingling stood behind watching her leave, laughing smirking as she thought, Beginning of July, and that's the fifth win this month.