Chapter 44: My gift for you

KOKICHI POV:

"Shuichi? Why are we going to the rooftop?"

"You'll see.."

I let myself get dragged by him while looking at him a bit...excited?

"Am i getting my gift or something?"

"Y..yeah actually..you will"

I smiled and after a while we climbed up the ladder and arrived at the rooftop. My eyes widden and i started to blush comfused at what i saw. It was a Picknick blanket With some food..and candles. It looked weirdly romantic and i clearly wasnt used to something like that. The scenery looked even more romantic with the setting Sun..

"Eh..S-Shu? Whats that?"

He smiled nervously then took my hand lead me to the blanket and sat down. I sat down besite him and looked him into the eyes. He met my gaze and i could almost feel the flusterness of him. I smiled nervously. Shuichi then took my hands again and placed a necklace into them. My eyes widden a bit and i looked at it.

"I..I thought it would suit you..s..so i bought it."

I picked it up and looked at it carefully, my eyes shining.

"You can open it.."

"Huh?"

I quietly opened the necklace and stared at the photo of us both in it.

"I..Ill probably will have more cases with my uncle in the future..and I'll probably will have to go to other countries as well..but..i just..want you to know..that im always there for you..and.. even when im far away, that im still right by your side..."

He takes my hands and his gaze spftened even more. I felt my heart beat faster than ever before. I wanted to look to the side but i couldnt. His eyes were too beautiful.

"You can always tell me about everything..okay? No matter what happens..no matter what you do..Im there for you. I always will be. Your important to me. Never forget that, okay?"

"I-I.."

"Also when your im danger..you can always call me. You can even call me when you feel lonely. It doesnt matter. I just dont want you to feel bad..and i hope the necklace will remind you of this.."

I blinked a few times. I was sure that my face was red as hell but i didnt care. I loved the way he talked to me..i felt special and loved. I stuttered some not understandable words and i could see how his face softened for a moment, but then he just suddenly held a cake in front of me that ive never seen before. I stopped and looked at him confused before taking a piece of the cake in my moth, eating it. I hummed satisfied.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it! It tastes great!"

"I..made it..so thanks"

"Ypu made it? You really didnt have to, you know? The necklace is definietly enough! It also looks expensive..how much was it...?"

"Doesnt matter. Im just glad you like it"

I smiled and so we ate some cake together, even thoigh we had one before and drank some cocoa. I never saw shuichi drinking cocoa, so it made me kind of happy. After that he then placed everything away and scooted a bit closer to me.

"I..I waited for your birthday for many weeks now."

"Really? That excited for me?~"

"No it's..i wanted to..Tell you something."

"Huh?"

"I wanted to tell you sooner but i always got too nervous. But today..i..i think its a good time.