Jealousy

Joong's flower shop deserves an award for being the prettiest store. I'm walking around, enjoying the spectacle of colors and scents it offers me while Joong finishes his centerpiece.

— All done.

When I turn around, I see he's holding a sunflower. I can't hide my smile. I feel happy.

— What's that?

— A sunflower.

— Is it coming for coffee?

— Only if its owner wants to.

— Then we'll have to ask him.

— Do you want your sunflower to come?

— Hahaha... of course.

He hands it to me, takes off his apron, and we walk together to the door. Once outside and with the "closed" sign up, we head to the café right across the street.

If it looks pretty from the outside, inside it's stunning. Everything is decorated with Joong's flowers, and their scents mix with the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Delicious.

— Here's the menu. Take a look while I say hello.

I can't seem to focus on the menu at all; my attention is entirely on Joong and his interactions with the owner. They seem really close. When Joong is about to come back, I pretend to be engrossed in the menu. I quickly make a decision so he won't suspect anything.

— Do you know what you're getting?

— Yeah, a mocha with whipped cream.

— And to eat?

— I'm not sure, I can't decide...

— May I?

— Sure.

He points to the strawberry and chocolate cake.

— One slice to share?

— Sure.

— Daou, two mochas with whipped cream and a slice of strawberry and chocolate cake, please.

— Coming right up!

Joong turns his attention back to me, and I feel the tension again since I saw him interacting with the café owner. I'm starting to regret coming here. Maybe I should make up an excuse and leave, but I can't think straight. I'm back in conflict with myself.

— Dunki? Everything okay?

— Mmm... Yeah, yeah... everything's fine.

— ...Are you sure? Can I sit next to you?

I'm sitting on a two-seater sofa, and Joong is on a similar one across from me. I nod slightly, and Joong doesn't waste a second. He moves next to me, wraps his arm around my shoulders, and pulls me close.

— Dunki, I can tell you're not comfortable. What can I do? Is it because people are staring? I asked Daou to keep the staff in check, but I don't think he can do much about the customers...

So, he was talking about me, protecting me...

— No, Joong, it's not necessary. I'm used to it...

— I know, but that doesn't mean you like it.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Joong is so much more than I imagined.

— Tha-thanks.

— And here's your order, lovebirds. Enjoy it!

— Thanks, Daou. I don't know if I should introduce you to Dunk, I'm sure you already know him.

— I do. Nice to meet you, Dunk. A beauty like you is always welcome in my café, with or without Joong.

— Don't push it...

— Woah, chill, possessive guy.

Interesting... at first, I thought there was something between them, but seeing them now, I only see friendship. What a relief... Relief? No, I mean... damn, I'm starting to care too much about Joong.

Once we're alone again, time flies. The dessert is exquisite, and the conversation even better. After more than three hours, I get a call from my agent. She tells me that some photos of me have been posted with my location, and she's concerned it could be dangerous. She also warns me that the guy I'm with is becoming news. People are speculating about our relationship, and she's worried they might try to involve him. Not this again, please.

— Joong, I have to go. We're all over social media. Some reporters or media might try to contact you. I'd appreciate it if you didn't say anything about me.

— You don't need to ask me that, Dunk. I'd never do anything to hurt you. Do you want me to come with you?

— Don't you need to go back?

— Do you want me to come with you, Dunk?

— ...Mmmm.

— Alright, let's go.

♥️🐈
——————————————————————
Vote and comment 🫂