An unexpected life

— This has to be a mistake.

— No, sir. Positive results are never mistakes, and we've repeated the test three times.

— It's not possible. Since when can a nekoboy get pregnant?

— It's not the first case. It's rare, but there is a small percentage of...

I stop listening. I can see his lips moving, but all I can hear is an annoying ringing in my ears that's driving me crazy.

The nurse seems worried because she quickly leaves and comes back with a doctor.

— Mr. Natachai, are you feeling better?

— I don't know. What's wrong with me now?

— Stress. You need to stay calm. Should we contact the father or someone else to be with you? It might help you relax.

— No, I don't have anyone.

— Okay. May I call you by your first name?

— Yes, and you can drop the formalities, too.

— Alright, Dunk. You're not alone, we're here to help. I have other patients to see, but if you need to talk, just tell View, and she'll let me know. My name is Dew.

— Mmm.

I'm not interested. My brain isn't processing names or wanting to deal with anyone right now.

I can't believe this is happening to me. I'm not ready to bring a life into this world.

When I'm alone in the room, I lift my shirt and look at my stomach. It doesn't look any different. I touch it, and it feels the same. But there are a couple of photos on the bedside table that say otherwise. The nurse, View, made sure to show me the little speck that is supposed to be my baby.

This was definitely not part of my plans.

I pick up one of the photos and stare at it. Without realizing it, I'm gently rubbing my belly.

I won't let this baby feel alone. I'll give it so much love that it won't matter if no one else wants them. And I won't let them get caught up in the superficial world of nekoboy modeling.

Joong.

I have to tell Joong.

Whatever happens with us, he's the father, and he has the right to know.

I hug myself and whisper to the little one: "Daddy's here, don't worry about anything."

The next day, Dew comes in to personally discharge me.

— Well, Daddy, you're free to go home now. But remember...

— Get plenty of rest, eat well, and stay hydrated.

— Exactly. Come see me anytime, and here.

He hands me a card with his name on it.

— The second number is my direct line. Call that one if you need anything, okay? Enjoy the pregnancy, and if we don't see each other sooner, I want you back here in three weeks to check on your baby's growth.

— Thank you, Dew.

— You're welcome. And if you can avoid being alone, that would be even better.

As I stand at the entrance to the hospital, just before stepping outside, I notice there are several reporters waiting.

I reach for my phone, and then I remember I left it on airplane mode on one of the bedside tables.

I approach the front desk.

— Hi, excuse me, could I use the phone?

— Of course! Whatever you need...

Her eyes give her away. She's definitely one of my fans.

Alright, I'll try calling Joong.

— Ring... ring... ring...

Nothing.

I'll try Phuwin.

— Dunk?! Dunk... I've missed you so much, I'm sorry. Let me be with you, please.

— Yeah, yeah... I'm sorry, too. Can you come pick me up, please? I need to tell you something...

— I'm on my way right now. Are you still at the hospital?

— Yes, I can't get out. The place is swarming with reporters...

— I'll be there soon. I'll come inside to get you. To hell with the reporters.

— Hahaha... I'll be waiting.

"Did you hear that, little one? We won't be alone. I'm going to make sure you have a support network. You're going to love Uncle Phuwin."

As I have this mental conversation with my baby, Phuwin arrives and rushes into the lobby looking for me. When he spots me, he runs over and pulls me into a hug.

— I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry... Don't push me away again, please. I'll try to be gentler with you.

— I'm sorry, too. Can we go, please?

— Of course, let's go.

Once we're in the car, he asks if I want to go to my apartment, Joong's, or his.

— Can we go to your place? I need to tell you something, and if it's okay, I'd like to stay with you for a while so I'm not alone.

— Absolutely. What should I tell Joong if he asks about you?

— I'll talk to him later.

— Alright. He's pretty scared. He thinks you don't want to see him anymore.

— Well, maybe he'll want nothing to do with me once he finds out everything.

♥️🐈
——————————————————————
Vote and comment 🫂