Silent Tears

— Good morning, kitty.

— Good morning, babe.

— I need to get ready. I've got a meeting at the shop with a potential client, quite a big one. Are you free today? Wanna have lunch together?

— Yes and yes. What time should I pick you up?

— Come whenever you want, and if you change your mind, I can...

— I'm not going to change my mind. I want this to work, and I know that if we keep it secret, it'll fall apart eventually.

— Okay, but don't force yourself just for me, please.

— Do you really think I'm doing this only for you? Come on, Joong. I'm a nekoboy, I need to feel pampered, it's in my nature. Being taken care of is what makes me happiest, and if we keep this a secret, how are you supposed to take care of me?

Joong kisses me, a soft and sweet kiss.

— Understood, sir.

— Are you sure you really have to leave right now?

I ask, my tone suggestive, as I push the covers aside, revealing my long, white legs.

— Kitty, kitty, behave for daddy. I really need to go, and if you keep tempting me like that, I won't be able to.

— Hahaha... I had to try.

— Let's sleep together again tonight.

— Or you could just move in with me.

Joong, who had been relaxed and smiling, suddenly tenses up, his smile fading.

— Dunki, listen, I don't want you to rush things. I don't want you to get hurt by trying to give it all too fast. Moving in is a big step. Take your time, think it over, and we'll talk about it later...

— Sure. I'm going to the bathroom.

— Dunki, wait...

— We'll talk about it later, you need to go. Have a good day.

I force a smile, the kind I use at work, and lock myself in the bathroom.

I hear Joong cursing. I turn on the faucet to drown out the sound and step into the shower, letting the hot water mix with my tears.

I get it, I'm moving too fast.

Once I've pulled myself together, I step out of the shower and the bathroom. Joong is already gone. I feel abandoned. I don't want to be dramatic, I try to stop my thoughts, but inevitably, I feel rejected and alone.

I crawl back into bed, naked, and the scent of Joong still lingers on the sheets. I start crying again, curling up and hugging my tail. It's so soft. Whenever I feel lost, stroking it helps clear my mind. The tears eventually stop, and I fall asleep.

When I wake up, it's dark. My eyes are swollen, and my throat is dry. I grab my phone and see two missed calls from Joong and a message.

Joong: Dunki, I can't make it for lunch. Can we reschedule? I managed to close the deal, but I need to get to work right away. I tried calling to let you know, can you text me when you can? Kisses.

I've read it three times now, and I still feel a chill in his words.

I decide to put my phone on airplane mode and leave it on the nightstand.

I curl back up into the same position, all I want is to stroke my tail. I don't want anything else.

As dawn's light filters through the window, I move on autopilot. I shower, dry my hair, pick out one of my outfits, put on my jewelry, and when I'm ready, I slip on my shoes, grab my coat, and head to the agency.

I haven't eaten anything, and right now I just can't. That's probably why I feel lightheaded and weak.

At the entrance of the building, a few fans stop me. I greet them like always. They never let me down. I sign autographs, take pictures, and offer words of encouragement. Funny, right? I'm giving them encouragement...

I go straight to the break room to grab some water. While I'm drinking, Phuwin walks in.

— Dunk? What's wrong? Those dark circles aren't normal for you.

— It's nothing.

— ...I'm going to kill Joong. I don't care why.

— Leave him alone.

— Dunk, please, tell me what's going on.

I sigh and proceed to explain everything.

— Is he an idiot or what? Every time he gets close, he pulls back. I swear, he's an idiot, and he's going to hear it from me.

— No, it's his life, Phuwin. He doesn't have to live it with me if he doesn't want to.

— What do you mean, doesn't want to? Are you serious?

— Don't yell. It's the only logical conclusion I've come to.

— I'm sure that's not it. Joong's crazy about you.

— Maybe he was. Maybe it was just something temporary. Sometimes people lose interest once they finally get what they want.

— You've got to be kidding me, Dunk! You can't seriously believe that nonsense you're telling yourself.

— I asked you to lower your voice!

— I can't when I see how foolish you're being!

— Excuse me?! Fine! This "fool" is leaving so you don't have to deal with me.

— Dunk!

I storm out. I'm not staying where I'm not wanted. Fine. Being alone isn't so bad. I don't need anyone.

In the lobby, someone grabs my wrist, and I jump.

It's a man, maybe 40 or 50 years old. He tells me he loves me and that he'll make me happy. Security arrives and pulls him off me. I hear myself breathing heavily, my vision blurs. I'm shaking. I hear girls screaming, but I'm losing control, and everything goes black.

When I wake up, I'm in a room... is it a hospital?

— Mr. Natachai, how are you feeling?

— Fine. What happened to me?

— You're exhausted, dehydrated, and haven't eaten. In your condition, you shouldn't put yourself at risk.

— What condition?

♥️🐈
———————————————————————
Vote and comment 🫂