Fake news

— See you later, Daddy!

— See you later, my boys.

I step out the door with Ryu in my arms. I reach the car and carefully place my precious son in his car seat. I close the door and get into the driver's seat.

— Ready?

I drive happily to Pond and Phuwin's house. I'm picking up Pond to help him with his anniversary gift.

Lately, since I found out that Pond actually likes me, we've gotten really close. Joong isn't thrilled about it—he's a bit jealous—but Phuwin is over the moon.

— Hey little guy! Hey little baby guy!

— Hahaha... Don't you ever get tired of teasing me? It's not working...

— One day, it will.

— Do you have any ideas, or are we going in blind?

— ...

— Okaaay...

We arrive at the mall and start searching for "the perfect gift."

— Dunk Natachai?

I look toward the person calling me.

— Ahhh! It's Dunk!

— Dunk! A photo, please.

— Me too!

Crap. It's not that I don't like interacting with my fans, but now with Ryu... things have changed...

— Sorry, ladies. Dunk's not working right now. You know he's a father now, so please, it's important to give him space.

— Aren't you Phuwin's husband? Dunk's partner... together... oh!

I can't believe this...

— Pond, let's go, please. Ryu needs to eat.

— Sure.

I grab Pond's hand, and we leave as quickly as we can without running.

I carry Ryu in a baby carrier. It's easier to move around with him like this than with a stroller when they're this little.

— I'm sorry, Pond. I didn't think this would happen.

— It's okay. I didn't think of it either. Should we call it a day? I don't want to put you in another situation like that, and I still have time.

— Thanks.

I smile at him. He's a great guy and a really good friend.

— Come over to my place, and we can have a snack together. You can help me look at options on the laptop, and little Ryu can play in his new playpen.

— You're spoiling him too much...

— We're his uncles.

— Hahaha...

Once at his house, with a couple of coffees and cookies, we start searching for ideas. Ryu is napping in the portable crib they bought for him. They have everything here for him. They're the best uncles in the world.

— Why don't you just give him the ring already?

— Really? Do you think he's expecting me to...?

I raise an eyebrow, and he gets the hint perfectly.

— Then I've got it.

He gets up and heads upstairs... don't tell me he already has one...

He comes back with a small box.

— It's not final. I still need to get it polished and modified a bit. You see, this ring has been passed down in my family for years.

— Pond, you're such a romantic. If someone told me, I wouldn't believe it.

— I'm not sure if I should laugh.

— Hahaha... have you thought of a plan yet?

— Mmm... do you think it's better to have a private dinner at home or go out?

I sigh... okay, maybe he's not that romantic.

— Call and book a reservation for whatever day works for you two, no later than 8 p.m. You want to get home early in case things get... romantic.

— That's the plan.

— I don't want to hear about it.

— Hahaha...

My phone rings. It's Joong.

— Hey, love! Already missing me?

— Dunk... baby... I trust you, but social media is blowing up with stuff about you and Pond.

— What? Pond, open your X.

I can't believe it. There are pictures of me holding hands with Pond. Between the comments and the photos, even I'm starting to question it.

— This is totally out of context!

— I know... Phuwin was at an event today...

Crap, that's right...

We hear the door slam shut.

— Are people stupid?!

— Love... I...

— Phuwin...

— I had to leave before I lost it at the event. People started asking me how I felt about my partner and my best friend being involved.

— I promise that...

— We didn't...

— Are you two idiots?! Do you really think I'd doubt either of you?

Ryu starts crying, and Phuwin rushes over to comfort him.

— My sweet boy, don't cry, Uncle Phuwin is here with you.

— Don't forget to call, and hide that.

I whisper so Phuwin doesn't hear.

— I will.

I grab my phone.

— Love, Phuwin's home. Everything's fine. I'm going to let them play with Ryu for a bit, okay? ... Are you alright?

— Dunki, I trust you. I'm just worried about how this could affect you.

— It seems like in this world, you're not allowed to have friends...

♥️🐈
—————————————————————
Vote and comment 🫂