Home

– A-a month?

– A month. We're going to run some more tests to rule out other conditions. Tell me, have you been under severe stress? Did you feel sad all the time? Did you find peace when you slept?

– ... I...

My eyes move from the doctor to Joong.

– Do you want Joong to wait outside?

– No... no. Yes, I felt... really sad and bad about myself. I thought Ryu and Joong would be better off... if I wasn't around. Sleeping... it brought me peace.

– I see. Alright, we'll run these tests just as a precaution. I'll be back for you in a bit, Dunk. Joong, would you mind coming with me for a moment?

– Of course, I'll be right back, my love.

How embarrassing...

Joong comes back quickly. Without saying anything, he comes over and holds me. His chest is so warm... I feel safe in his arms.

– I'm sorry... Dunki, I didn't realize. I thought you were just tired from taking care of Ryu.

Why is he apologizing? I don't understand...

– I need you to talk to me. You have to lean on me... you're not alone. You don't have to carry this by yourself.

I break down, starting to cry in his arms, but it doesn't feel as bad as crying alone... it actually feels like a release.

When the doctor comes back, I'm still in Joong's arms as he rubs my back.

– Hi, guys. Dunk, ready to go? Joong, I'll bring him back to you in just a bit.

We head to a room with a cylindrical machine. They inject me with a liquid that's supposed to be a contrast agent... I don't fully understand because I'm too scared. He asks me to lie down in the machine, and it slides me in. The machine makes noises that make my skin crawl. The doctor tells me not to move and sometimes asks me to hold my breath. When it's over, he asks me to sit up.

– Dunk, the scan looks good. I don't see anything abnormal physically. I think this is more of an emotional issue. I'd like you to see a colleague of mine, I'll bring him in, okay?

– Okay...

The doctor opens the door, and another doctor comes in, wearing the same white coat.

– Hi, nice to meet you, Dunk. I'm Jimmy.

– Hi...

– I'd like to ask you a few questions. Do you want to take a walk while we talk?

– Sure.

We're walking through some quiet hallways in the hospital. In this area, we don't come across anyone.

– Joong is amazing. Does he make you happy?

– So much... I'm really lucky to have him.

– He thinks the same about you.

– Yeah...

– You don't agree?

– ... Lately... no.

– And have you figured out when this started?

– Since... since some false rumors started, about another person being involved with me... you know.

– Mmmm... I see. Why did you decide not to talk to anyone about it?

– Well... I think I wanted to keep it from getting worse. I thought if I talked about it, I'd just give it more weight... does that make sense?

– It does. But now, with some distance... do you still feel the same?

– No.

– Tell me, Dunk... what do you think your old self would say to you right now?

– I think I'd be mad at myself for not leaning on Joong, for letting this snowball into something bigger, and for pulling away from Ryu during his first few months.

– Mmmm... that makes sense, yes. Hey, Dunk, Joong must be worried. How about we go see him? I'll discharge you today, but I'd like you to come see me again in a couple of days. Let's meet regularly for a while.

– That's fine. Can I ask something?

– Of course.

– Do I have a mental problem?

– I don't think so. Dunk... you're a nekoboy, you naturally need affection. I don't know your full story yet, but from what I've learned, those feelings of isolation have taken a toll on you. Joong?

– Hi, doctor. Hi, my love. Everything okay?

– Everything's fine.

I throw myself into Joong's arms and breathe him in. I'm home.

– Joong, I told Dunk I'm sending him home with you and your little one, but I want to see him in a couple of days for follow-up appointments. Take good care of him. Dunk, I'm giving you both some homework: I want you to schedule cuddle sessions like it's medication. A little time together with each meal.

– Done.

– Great. I'll see you in two days.

I stay clinging to Joong.

– Ready to go home?

– I'm already home.

♥️🐈
———————————————————————
Vote and comment 🫂