Episode 41: Watt's With Wattson?

Working toward entering the Hoenn League, Mew has already earned two badges. The Stone badge from Rustboro City and the Knuckles badge from Dewford Town on Dewford Island. Now, Mew and her friends have arrived at Mauville City so Mew can battle at the Mauville Gym.

"Today's the day. I'm finally going to battle for my next badge at the Mauville Gym," Mew says.

"Yeah! That's the spirit!" Brock says.

"You'll get it, Mew, for sure!" May says.

"Aw, man, I can't wait for this one! It's gonna be awesome!" Max says.

"Me too," Tomo says.

"Yeah!" the girls reply.

Soon, Mew and the others arrived at the Mauville Gym. A large yellow building with orange markings on it.

Mew soon approaches the door, "Hello, I'm here for a gym..."

But before Mew can finish his sentence, the door falls over on her. Mew stumbles inside and walks on the door.

"What's this?" May says.

"How weird," Max wonders.

Suddenly, the "door" turns into a moving platform and takes everyone for a ride while the real door closes.

"This is how they welcome you into the gym?" Mew cries out.

The platform follows the hallway as it curved while doors opened automatically. Max, Tomo, Jen, and Molly are having a blast.

Max laughs, "I feel like I'm on a ride at an amusement park."

"The hallway and the platform start to move uphill

"Well, I'm not very amused," May cries out.

"It's just like being on a roller coaster!" Jen adds.

Just then, the platform quickly heads downhill like a rollercoaster car. All the while, the Gym leader, Wattson watches from a control room.

Watson is a man with white hair and a beard, and wears a brown jacket..

"Welcome, my friends, to a place where fun never ends!" Wattson says and laughs.

As he continues laughing, someone else enters the room. It's a young man with brown hair, wears glasses, and wears a beige jacket with brown pants.

The man asks, "Boss? Did you turn up the power on that thing again?"

"Of course, it's my way of welcoming challengers to the gym," Wattson says, "I'm glad you got it fixed yesterday, cause like I always say, if you're gonna do something, do it big. Watching those youngsters on that ride makes me feel like I'm playing right along with them," and laughs.

Soon, the roller coaster turns into a rough water ride.

"Yes, but, sir, perhaps you've gone too far?" the man questions, wary.

Nonsense! Just think of this as a little warm up before battle!" Wattson says.

"But sir..." The young man speaks up.

But Wattson shushes him, "Shh. They're getting close to the best part."

The ride soon reaches dry land again. Some of the group are not satisfied.

"Well, this is no way for a gym leader to welcome guests," May says, annoyed.

"You're right. Seems like a strange way to say hello," Brock says.

"Aw, come on, guys. I think it's fun," Max says.

"Yeah! That was awesome!" Tomo cheers.

Soon, they come face to face with a mechanical Raikou, though they had no idea it was a robot