Don't Judge The Nerd

Emily's POV

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name.

Calum's POV

I'm currently on a double date right now and...

"So, Calum. Who are you going to homecoming with?" Chelsea asked.

"Uhhhhh, no one" I said.

"Good, because Chelsea was wondering if you'd go with her" Lauren said.

Chelsea started to blush. "I don't think I want to go to homecoming."

"You sorta have to, you're nominated for king" Lauren said through her fake smile.

"Brandon will have a better chance of winning then" I shrugged.

"Yea, then me and Lauren can be king and queen" Brandon said.

"I win every year. It's no surprise" Lauren said,"The other girls don't stand a chance."
I nodded slowly.

"So you're going with Chelsea, got it?"

"...Yes."

Emily's POV

I was 'asleep'. At least that's what I told Michael. But in reality I was scrolling through Instagram and checking social media.

There was a knock on my bedroom door."Hey" Calum said. I turned, so that my back was facing him.

"Look, I get you're mad and everything but that doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to me."
It stayed like this for a few minutes. He took a deep breath,"Sorry." Then left.

*Homecoming*

Oh, how I love the fact that I'm spending Friday night at Homecoming. Not.
I could be watching Netflix with Mikey, while we stuff our faces with pizza. Friendship goals...

Luke was supposed to pick me up in a few minutes.

"Hey" Calum said looking at me.

Calum's POV

Well, she looks nice. No, more than nice. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Fabulous. "Right, you're not talking to me. Come on. It's been two weeks" I yelled.

The doorbell rang. "Hello Emily" Luke smiled as he handed her a rose.

"Thank you Lucas" she chuckled.

They left together, but I still needed to get ready.

I'm so fucking confused. Is Emily my girlfriend or my ex? Mixed signals and everything.

Emily's POV

I walked inside the gym with Luke. "I'll go get us some drinks" he said.

I nodded slowly and watch him disappear in the crowd. I saw Calum walk into the gym with Lauren, Chelsea and Brandon? What the fuck was he doing here? Calum...not Brandon. Calum looked over at me. Then he started walking closer. I tried to hide but he grabbed my wrist before I could do anything.

"Please, I just want to talk" Calum said.

I groaned and followed him out of the gym and into the hallway. "What are we? Are we dating? Are we broken up. What are we" he questioned.

"I don't know. I thought you said we were gonna win homecoming king and queen together but I came here with Luke and you are with Chelsea" I said.

"Then I guess, we're broken up" he said quietly. He left before I could say anything. I went back into the gym and found Luke.