Alvis killed him.

T’was a place I remember, I remembered well since I’ve just been there. The scene is quite in sepia-tone as smokes here and there blurred my vision, fire crackling and engulfing the wooden houses down and the trees’ leaves turned dried brown by heat, the night though dark is scorching like noon.

                I heard cries, moans and yells, asking for help and some just out of pain. I saw across a yard, burning wood, some charcoal black and I can’t distinguish between steaming hot coal and just roasted flesh; I hate to imagine what flesh is that.

                This vision is so cruel. SO heartless, if this is a dream, i wanted to wake up. This is just a movie memory playing worse in my mind; this is just a dream, a vision so out of control.

                Then I heard flashes of water. Steam rose above as jets of water sprayed on the houses; waves after waves of water cooled the grounds and water slicing through the walls of fire as pointed chunks of ice greeted me.

                My eyes dilated as the point grew bigger and closer to my chest and just right at the last second, a second chunk of ice appeared on my right and shatters the deadly one in front of me. I looked at my right and saw, I saw Lou?

                “They’re here.” Lou said.

                “Told you so. His vision never fails.” I heard a voice said, but I saw no one but Lou.

                “Boy! Get them out of here!!! Make haste!” an old husky but commanding voice echoed the whole place as a figure of a man marched through the flame to meet my eyes.

                His clothes are almost burnt out, the few hairs he had all disappeared and the stick he’s holding is pointing directly at me. Alvis?

                “You mess with this village. I’ll mess with you!” Alvis said and slashed the air in front of him with the stick. Then my vision seemed to crumble to its feet and the arms in front of me turned fragile and bone-thin reaching franctically on the dry soil.

                I heard a commotion, more like ice slaming together as pieces of ice rolled over the ground that I’m seeing. I’m trying to look up but I just can’t. Something is keeping me from moving.

                The ground seemed slowly closing on my face. The soil granules went magnified and just then before my sight got block by the ground, I was thrown towards a tree, my back snapped like a twig. And Alvis came and he pushed the stick right on my forehead.

                “Yo-You’re stro-ong.” A weak dry voice said and I’m starting to have the feeling that it was me who’s speaking.

                Then my vision suddenly stared down at my legs, this body’s legs with the arms hugging myself. Moisture evaporated from the arm skin as it continues to dry and became so brittle until you can almost trace every joint in the fingers, wrist and the space between radius and ulna (the two major bones of your fore arm).

                “Elly! Elly! Wake up!!!!” and SLAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

                I woke up yelling, “Alvis! The village! Everyone-dead. Fire, no!”

                And another, SLAAAP!

                “You calm down! We can’t understand a thing!” and that’s only when I recognized, the terrible face of the panic-stricken Roxy.

                “Stop slapping him, Miss. It may worsen the situation.” A lady in white nurse uniform said.

                “No. I’m sure it will help even more! Look!” Roxy said proud of what her slapping did and yes, it hurts so much that it brought the senses in me so fast. OUCh. “Now, speak.”

                “The-the village.”

                “What village?!” Roxy asked, right I forgot, she doesn’t know. The nurse left after whispering something to Roxy.

                “Jaray? Where’s Jaray?!”

                “I’m over here.”

                I grabbed his arm, “I saw it, the fire. The village was attacked. I saw it through him.”

                “What? You don’t make any sense.”

                “Majim, I saw it the way I saw how Nic got tortured by Blackmirror through Majim’s eyes. The link is back, no!”

                “What do you mean ‘no’?”

                “Majim’s dead.” And that’s when I looked across my bed and saw the confused yet shocked Adimah, her blanket covering her lower face. And upon hearing the last words I said, her expression went super crazy shockingly confused yet she’s still charming. Oh geez...

                “Majim the Fatal? Right? Why?” Jaray asked.

                “I still don’t get the whole picture of this and the point where this conversation is going.” Roxy mumbled.

                “I’ll explain things to you later.” Jaray said.

                “I don’t remember but I saw large fire eating the whole village and then there’s Lou beside me. There are burnt bodies around, I-I don’t know what bodies! I can’t take to think of anything about those but I’m sure there are people dead and Alvis came-“

                “Oh right. It’s just a dream.” Roxy said.

                “No! Roxy, you know Elly can see through this Majim guy’s vision and if he’s seeing it then it may or not be happening for real.” Jaray said.

                “But Majim’s dead. Alvis killed him. His arms dried out, moisture evaporated from him and-and then I-I was slapped by Roxy.” I said.

                “Alvis killed who?” Roxy asked.

                “Majim. He mentioned something like messing his village and he’s just returning the same.” I said. “Perhaps, it would be better if you’ll check on them Jaray.”

                “Perhaps not.” Adimah broke in and pointed at the television at the corner of the room.

                It’s flashing breaking news and the anchor is not sure whether it’s forest arson or simple wildfire and why the heck are they not mentioning about the small village in that area?! Why?!

                Jaray ran outside as the nurse came back and pulled Roxy away from me. Three men in white robes came and started pushing my wheeled bed out the room.

                “Hey where are you taking me?!” I shouted, glancing back at Roxy who’s trying her best to break free from the not-so-strong-looking nurse.

                “We heard about the incident this night. Our system also picked up significant signals regarding a known fugitive, Majim Apreon. And the signal pointed straight to you.” one of them replied.

                And now, I understand. I just tried my best to relax and steady my breathing, I just hope they won’t dissect me or take my brain for examination. Oh dear...