Other places to go...

I was too consumed in fixing my things that I didn’t notice somebody entered our room and head straight in my direction and when it did occur to me that someone was standing right at the bedroom’s door, I kinda freaked out and was about to warp out.

“I’m sorry.” The skinny boy said, “I didn’t mean to startle you or disturb you in what you’re doing. I’m Louiz, call me Lou.” Then he reached for a handshake which I answered immediately.

“Elly.”

“Oh, I remember you. You’re one of the students who fought during the Battle at Haven’s Lair right? Oh I was there though I got... Uhh- I got frightened that time. I’m sorry I was not able to help.”

“No worries not everyone get to help though.” Then I laughed, “It’s just that when your friend’s the one in danger you can’t help but help.”

“Yeah, I kinda thought of that also. I’m sorry.” And he gave a phony smile.

“No I don’t mean it that way. It’s just that you feel more urge of fighting when it’s your friend.” I smiled though I’m not convinced on what I’ve said, “So how can I help you by the way?”

“I’m your new roommate. Louiz Peverill.” He said as he pulled in his bags inside.

“Ahh... Thank God!” I sighed out of relief.

“Why?”

“I thought I’m gonna be stuck for a year with only Jaray here with me.”

Then we both laughed.

While he’s arranging his things and since I’m done with mine, I took the chance of having a little talk with him. You know feeling-close-thing...Haha ‘Coz I know you knew how hard it is to sleep in a room with people whom you don’t really know.

Yeah, he was Louiz Peverill, second year student also and currently a Dean’s-Lister same as Jaray, Nicolei and Roxy. He is, as what I’ve said skinny, has perfectly side-swept straight black hair, medium tan complexion (Is medium the right term? Whatever ...as long as it means the same XD), about 5’7 in height and deep brown eyes. One thing uncommon at him is his that slash mark that runs from her lower right ear down to his chin...

“Is that a scar on you-?”

“It’s a birthmark.” He replied immediately. “Everyone in our tribe has this, it’s some sort of brand among all members of Frost-hands.”

“That’s your ability?”

“Yeah, though there has been a debate in which upper class elemental we belong, is it Salamanders or Undines.”

“You freeze water right? Then you should be among the Undines by inspection.”

“Yeah but if we study it carefully we control heat in liquids to make them freeze, heat which is a main feature of fire.”

“Ooh...” Honestly, it’s really hard to talk to a Dean’s-Lister... My brain bleeds...

“But the conclusion is narrowed down to us considered as Undines since Fire and Heat are different terms and we are judge in which class of elemental we will be based on what element we control, in an obvious manner except from those which you can’t immediately determine and needs further judgements.”

Alright this is tough... Give me a moment... Wew. “Alright. By the way I’m a Sylph, I happen to-”

“Manipulate wind pressure which gives way for you to twist space and travel by warping.” He continued what I was about to say while keeping his bag under his bed.