See how bad my short term memory is.

I thought that new ordinance is enough but I was wrong, deeply-wrong. The following days, more regulations came and honestly, it’s irritating like we need reminders of everything we gonna need for class or even for the day.

Signboards of ‘No parking’, ‘Keep off the grass’, ‘Slow down, humps ahead’ became so obvious with the addition of concrete barriers installed around every sidewalk like you’re gonna be hit by a rampaging school bus anytime of the day. By the way, do we have school bus here?

And not only those, they put maps of the school around every corner and lists of buildings that can be found along each block. I wonder for what are these things for? I hope they wouldn’t be putting colour-coded lanes for each Elementals, like green sidewalks for Sylphs, red for Salamanders and so on and so forth... ‘coz these would make me stuck with Jaray along the way to every building, hope you know how that feels...

 Last thing I knew, I was reading all the maps they’ve put. You can’t blame me, I’ve not been toured very well around the campus since first year and these signboards and maps really help.

If you’re gonna ask me if these newly installed regulations help? Well, I hope they can still handle those very long lines of rule breakers on their offices.

Not only students, some professors are having a hard time with these regulations.

We saw once on our way to our dormitory, a teacher yelling at a man, probably a delivery boy. The teacher, she was so angry about this man’s bike bumping and destroying one of her car’s head lights and one side mirror went rolling for a couple of yards away. While the man’s bike is severely torn apart because of the impact though miraculously none of them appeared to be in serious injuries.

The teacher was, she was so beautiful. Got one really crooked beautiful nose, blue eyes beautifully shadowed by tantalizing eyelashes, skin as fair as Clarice’ and at one look, you’ll probably think she is Spanish but the way she argued with the man, the way she swear words of our local language made her more Filipino than I am and when she spoke in English, it was the most fluent of all that I’ve heard. Well, first impression doesn’t always last...

To avoid the starting to get thick crowd of gossipers, we turned to a corner and headed straight to our dorm.

“That’s one really MAAAAD teacher.” Jaray exaggerated.

“Hey,” Nicolei replied, “beware, next thing you know, she’s in front of you discussing your lesson for the day.”

“What?” Jaray replied.

“Elly… please don’t hang out often with this guy.” Nicolei pointed Jaray, “I’m afraid you’ll end up like him, so stupid and slow.”

“Like I have other options about that, Nic.” I replied that made everyone but Jaray laughed.

Lou was busy preparing for dinner when we entered our room. He was assigned to prepare for dinner for tonight; the three of us have agreed to assign someone to prepare for dinner for each day. I was assigned every Mondays to Wednesdays…

“Oh your back!” Lou greeted us waving his right arm holding a knife; it kinda freaked me out…

“Oh no were not. We were just leaving.” Jaray said obviously, he has not yet move on from their recent argument.

Lou’s expression turned straight before continuing the conversation with me, “So how’s your day?”

“You know what Lou, a week more of you cooking our dinner; you’ll gonna sounds like Elly’s mom already.” Jaray replied without looking at us.