It's nobody's fault

The end of first semester came so fast and things happened simultaneously that you would never have any time to react on things.

Mrs. Samartia gave us chance to score high in the finals which made me very-very glad. I too had good results in physics and English classes. Rhetorics is fine, though I admit I didn’t exert much effort in it. Calculus was of course like passing through needle’s eye! Good thing, I was not so big for not to fit in. But it’s not really about how big you are or how small you are, some of my friends failed.

As for political governance, Mr. Quinoax seems to not be available this semester so it means, we’re gonna have additional 3 unit-subject for next sem. Wew.

Talking about those who failed. Actually there were only two subjects where we really had a hard time passing. First is Physics.

Early in the morning, Sir Atralca posted the list of those who are going to take the removal exams and those who failed. Louve, Remei, Kathe and Marie were included, Bugui failed. The rest of FAMILY members persuaded Sir to give Bugui a chance but they failed, he failed the subject.

Clarice, Nic and I were talking in the park with the other half of my friends circling Remei, Marie, Kathe and Louve on the other bench, when suddenly I asked, “Aren’t you going to take the removal exam in Physics Clarice?”

“How dare you?!” Clarice replied, “I’m not included in the list.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

“Well you should know!” Clarice faced me and continued, “I passed Physics. I survived with Jaray’s wrong notes. And lastly, I’m beautiful enough to pass it!” She told me this while glaring at me, putting her face nearer to mine at each period.

“Alright, Alright.” I acted pushing her face away. It’s just so awkward when her angelic face is glaring at you, just few inches away from yours.

“I can’t blame Elly, Clarice.” Nic at last broke the tensed Clarice, “You acted like you’ll fail in Physics days before, and remember?”

Suddenly, there was a flash of memory inside my mind, Clarice almost crying at her failed semi final exam, Clarice cramming, covered with so many notes, Clarice solving all the problems in statics, dynamics of rigid bodies taht she can find and lastly, Clarice haggard, worn out yet a beauty under pressure still.

“Okay.” Clarice replied and looked away.

I went near in Roxy’s group and there I saw, the four of my friends crying and all those surrounding them; giving words of comfort, rubbing their backs and trying to calm them, which I find so not reasonable. They are about to take the exam still, they’re not yet failed, why cry?

Anyways, I’m not in their situation, probably if I saw my name on the list; I’d probably go straight to my room and cry aloud. I just went back to my sit with Nic when somebody came shouting.

It’s Bugui, “Hey! Results of Calculus are out!” and we all darted toward the second floor near the faculty door. I was expecting Bugui in the list but I forgot he dropped the subject months ago. It only means, Bugui failed in two subjects already.

I was surprise to see the persons in the list: Clarice and Marie Oh no, not Marie again. I looked at Clarice, whose expression is like she expected this. At the bottom of the list are those who failed: Remei and Louve. Oh dear...

We moved away from the crowd. Remei, Louve and Marie are so down with some tears flowing down their cheeks. Clarice suddenly came and said, “Girls. We have some exams to pass. Let’s GO!” and she pulled them away from us; they seem to be heading to the library.