THIRTEEN

Charlotte's POV:

I ran through the houses, trying to find the right one. I guess I can kill my family another time. Right now I have some unfinished business to take care of. Some unfinished business with someone that goes by the name of Sam.

I smelled the air trying to clear my head and find his sent. Fortunately I had smelled some of his cologne earlier. Unfortunately, about most of the men in this town were wearing it. It took seven tries but I finally found the place I was looking for.

It was a two story house, with a navy blue door and a brown roof. The white painted was peeling and I could see lots of places in need of fixing up. There was an open window in the front of the house, where I could hear him sleeping. "Too easy," I thought aloud.

I sneakily jogged up towards the house. The window was on the second floor, but it's ok because apparently being dead gives you the power to jump higher. I swung my hands to gain momentum and jumped up, grabbing the window sill.

I pulled myself up and inside the room quietly and quickly. It was dark, Sam was sleeping and I could hear him softly snoring. There was some noise from downstairs, a tv was on and another man was watching it. I sat casually on the window sill and watched him while sharpening my knife.

As I stared at him the same feeling from earlier started to creep up on me again. A stray tear rolled down my cheek but I hastily wiped it away and stood up. "No, Charlotte. You let him get away before this is not happening again." I thought to myself.

I raised my knife to his neck but froze. I began sobbing quietly. I dropped to the floor and stared at the ceiling. Tears flowing freely on to my blood stained shirt.
-------------------------
Sam's POV:

I always knew she was there in my room. I left the window open for her. I knew she would be back and I wanted her to come back. My plan had worked. Sort of. I opened my eyes to see that sad girl from earlier looking at the ceiling, crying. I started to sit up and she looked in my direction. I froze.

Her eyes were filled with so much sadness, but also so much anger and sheer insanity. I didn't know what to do. She stood up quickly am started to climb out the window. " Wait!" I said hesitantly. Charlotte stopped what she was doing to look at me. With those big, sad eyes again.

A tear rolled down her cheek. Suddenly she changed into the monster She really was. She lunged at me with her knife but as she was about to strike she collapsed. From exhaustion or from sadness I will never know, but I still picked her up from the floor and lay her in my bead as she wept.

I put a pillow under her head and went to sleep in the guest bedroom. I peeked back into the room she was in, "Strange, strange girl." I said to no one in particular.