FIFTEEN

Sam's POV:

I didn't really know what Charlotte wanted to hear from me. I just explained what had happened that night. I wasn't sure if she was listening or not because all she was doing was half nodding and spinning around on the bar chair. "So..." I asked her not really knowing what to say.

She looked at me again, but with a more softer expression. "That was a fascinating story but, I know what happened." I sighed, frustrated with her. "Well? What are we even doing here then?" I yelled. "Woah calm down. Geez. All I wanted was to know why I can't jab my knife into your bloody heart." She said, I guess she really does want to kill me.

I shook my head sadly, "I don't know. You can do whatever you want. If you wanted to kill me you would do it." Charlotte stopped spinning around in the chair and stared me dead in the eyes. "Maybe...I don't want to kill you. Maybe I want you to live happily and have a magical life." She said quietly. "Do you really want that?" I asked her hopefully. "Yes...no," She threw her knife into the wall, "Yes, NO, YES?" She put her head in her hands and screamed.

I just awkwardly watched her. I reached out my arm and patted her on the back softly. She grabbed my arm and I almost had a heart attack, but she was hugging me. Charlotte was surprisingly warm for a dead girl. Her hair was soft and she smelled like lilacs, and...blood. But that didn't really matter. I felt like I had gotten somewhere when she pushed me away quickly. Her eyes looked dangerous but also scared. "I need to go." Charlotte said in a nervous voice. I started to question but she ran out of the door before I could open my mouth.

I sighed sadly and watched her run off into the woods from the window. She must like me more now, she left through the door and not the window.