TWENTY THREE

Charlotte's POV:

I paced around my new room. Gosh it's hot in here. I opened up my window and looked out. Forest surrounded the entire area. I sat on the window sill taking in the fresh air. Much better. The door opened. I grabbed a knife and spun around. There was a little girl in the doorway. Sally was her name. I put away the knife. "Slendy told me to come get you for dinner." She said cheerily. I hadn't scared her so that's good.

Probably because they were used to it. I left the window open and walked down the stairs with her. I could smell food that I wasn't hungry for. I would have thought they would eat like blood and stuff. At least, that's what I want. I walked into the room an they all stared at me. "Uh...hi." I said, uncomfortably.

"Sit child." Slender Man ordered. I sat quickly. Defiantly not wanting to et even more on his bad side. "If this is about your arm..." He shook his head no. "No. You didn't know why you were doing that was out of pure accidence," Uh what? No! That wasn't an accident! "This is about a human." I froze. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What about them?" I decided to play dumb. "Jeff smelled a human's sent on you, but the blood on your clothes didn't match." Slender Man said, folding his hands. All eyes were on us and our glaring contest. "I'm sure I don't know what your talking about." I put my head in my hands and smiled.

He stood up angrily. "And I'm sure you do!" He yelled. "Our kind and humans may never cross!" I stared at him, awed "Why? I see nothing wrong with that! And why are you yelling at me hmm? I'm not even joining your stupid family! You asked me to be here because I do what you do, kill people! Maybe just this once I didn't want to!" I stood up and threw all four of my knives into the wall behind him.

Slender Man shook with anger. The static started. It grew louder but I held my ground. "You are here now. And you may not leave until you have had training. And you may not leave until that human is dead." Slender Man said calmly. I folded my hands. "So your going to make me kill him? Sorry I tried that it isn't possible." He reached out one of his arms and grabbed Masky's arm. "Who said anything about you killing him?" My hands went to my mouth. I shook my head as I slowly backed away. Then I sprinted up the stairs crying.

About an hour later I was back sitting on the window sill. Someone knocked on my door. I growled at them in response. "C'mon open the door. Quickly." Someone said quietly. Curious, I opened the door a crack. It was Masky. I could feel my eyes glowing red as I bared my teeth. He rolled his eyes. "Look I'm sorry. I really don't want to kill your friend. But maybe, if you let me in, you can come." I grabbed his shirt and flung him into the room. Looking around the hall seeing no one, I closed the door and locked it. "Can you not lock that. You scare me enough as it is." Masky said looking around. "I'm sure you will want to explain to someone what's happening if they come in here." I said sarcastically. "Fair point. Look, I'm leaving soon. So when you see me leaving just lock you're door and climb out the window. And you can come." I nodded excitedly. "Okay, and you better make it fast." Masky ran out the door, flinging it shut behind him.

This should be fun.