FOURTEEN

Charlotte's POV:

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I'm not sure of some things, but something  I am sure of is that if you wake up in a random place something was probably wrong. I immediately sat up and looked around the room. The walls were painted beige, and there was a white painted, peeling door that hopefully lead out. If not the window is a great option.

The bed I was sleeping on was a four poster bed with a green comforter that smelled very familiar. I picked up part of the comforter and sniffed it. If my face could have gotten any paler than it already was it would have. Everything that had happened last night came back to me. The visit, the sadness, him.

The sadness quickly turned into anger. I stomped over to the door and threw it open with a loud bang. I stood in the doorway with my hands folded holding my knife. There was a lot of shuffling sounds coming from the room closest to me and I sighed. Humans.

The door opened quickly and a very flustered looking Sam appeared holding a baseball bat. His cheeks flushed when he saw me standing there, "Sorry, thought someone was in the house," I rolled my eyes. "So you let a blood thirsty killer sleep in your house and you're worried about a burglar?" I said sarcastically.

His cheeks flushed red again. My anger came back quickly and I stared Sam in the eyes and said, "Now, you have exactly one minuet to get yourself sorted and downstairs to explain. I don't care if your brother is here or not." I turned on my heel and walked downstairs counting as he scrambled back into his room.
-------------------------
Sam's POV:

Gosh she was scary, but I also kinda liked her. So I don't have any regrets from letting her stay. No matter what she does to me. It was also very embarrassing to be in boxers holding a baseball bat in front of her. And I just took a second to face palm when she left. Continuing on the scary topic, I'm not going to be killed for being late to whatever was happening. Also, how did she know who Don was?

I ran down the stairs and sat down at the kitchen table where I presume she wanted to talk. Looks like I guessed right, she was sitting at the bar eating an apple with her feet on the table. She was also looking through something.

Once I sat down she threw it across the room. "Was that my wallet?" I asked her cautiously. Charlotte looked over at me, "Yes." She said bluntly. I started to get up to retrieve it but she looked at me with those eyes again and I sat back down. She threw the apple core at the trash can but it missed. She shrugged and folded her hands in her lap.

"Can you at least pick that up?" I asked her. "Why, will your brother get mad?" Charlotte replied running her fingers over her knife. "How do you know he's my brother? He could very well be my father or my boyfri-" Charlotte stopped me by raising her hand. "He is your brother. I know this because your father is dead, and you're single and straight. Your ex girlfriend's picture is in here." I looked at her strangely.

I really didn't want to talk about my ex or my father or my past in general. "Sh-she is my sister." I said hoping she would believe me and drop it. Charlotte just laughed at looked at me again stopping my thoughts. "She is your ex you don't have a sister do not lie to me." I was silent. She did drop the subject though, and I was glad anything was better than this.