TWENTY NINE

Charlotte's POV:

The silence settled through the house and sent shivers down my spine. It's a pretty creepy place when no one is here. I crept down the hallway to the front door. "Going somewhere?" A voice asked me. I froze and slowly turned around. Masky stood there with a smirk on his face. I stayed silent as he moved closer in front of me. I looked up at him and glared. "If you tell anyone I swear I will ki-"

Masky leaned down and kissed me. My eyes widened and I quickly pushed him off of me. "What is wrong with you?!" I yelled at him. He smiled like he was pleased with what he had done. "Nothing princess. Nothing at all." He leaned in again and I punched him in the jaw. "I have told you many times! Do. Not. Touch me!" Masky rubbed his jaw and glared at me.

"Now I'm leaving. Do not, I repeat, do not follow me." I turned on my heel and busted through the window. What, more dramatic that way. I took a deep breath. The woods are my favorite place. It feels good to be out here. Now, where do I go? Should I go to my parent's house? Do I go to Sam's? Can I go to Sam's?

I took off running through the forest, not caring where I was going or when I would get there. I ran, and ran, and ran, and ran. Until I ended up at Sam's house. At first I ran up and down the street, desperate to be anywhere but there. That didn't work out so well, because again, I ended up at Sam's house. Or, Don's house really, but he's never even there.

I looked up at Sam's window. Wondering if I should go in.
-------------------------------------
Sam's POV:

I was sitting in a corner. I had realized what I was and just couldn't take it. Dead but alive, like Charlotte. I gasped, well now we can be together! What if she doesn't like you anymore? As I was pondering that thought, someone pulled open the window. A new instinct told me to stay silent but alert.

The only person that ever came through the window was....Charlotte. She pulled herself through the window and sat on the floor. She put her hand on the bed, realizing I wasn't there. Charlotte looked around the room but missed me in the darkness. She put her head in her hands and started to cry. "All my fault," she said through her hands.

I watched her from the corner as she cried. I reached out my hand, I wasn't close enough to touch her yet a voice said, don't do it. She probably doesn't want you. Your weak. You let someone kill you. Not very manly in my opinion. And she's a girl, who can kill you! Don't do it Sam. I hesitantly pulled back my hand.

Charlotte continued to cry. She cried until she fell asleep. Lying there, on the floor. Well I can't leave her like that. I emerged from the shadow of the corner and walked over to her. I picked her up gently and put her on the bed. I decided I would stay next to her, but for only a moment. I sat next to her and  she instantly moved closer. Putting her head on the chest.

Well, I'm not going to move her...