chapter twenty-six

LAURENS POV.

The next morning I woke up, sighing at the mess me and Calum have made last night. A small smile appeared on my lips as I remember everything that happened. I sat up, dangling my feet over my bed and walking over to my bathroom brushing my teeth and washing my face. I grabbed my school clothes and hopped in the shower.

When I finished I walked downstairs, grabbing my phone and dialing Michael's number. It went straight to his voicemail. I sighed. Guess I was taking my mum's car today. I grabbed her keys and waved goodbye before heading off to school.

-

As I pulled up to the school I see Michael and Luke talking the the entrance of the gate. I smiled to myself, looking around for Calum's car which I noticed but I didn't spot him anywhere. I killed my engine and got out of the car walking towards Michael and Luke.

"Hey." I wave to Luke and pull Michael into a hug, but he doesn't seem to hug beg. "Everything okay?" I furrow my eyebrows and Luke chuckles, patting me on the head like a dog. He pulls me in for a quick hug and walks off.

"Why were you with him so late last night." he says the word him like if it was disgusting, which made me angry.

"The project." I stated, my mind trying to read his facial expressions. He raised his eyebrows, nodding.

"Sorry. I just got really worried and stuff, I don't wanna lose you." he sighed, bringing his cheek up to my face. I wanted so badly to run and hide. I was too afraid of what would happen if he found out what happened yesterday. It made me me nervous. He pecked my lips and walked off to class, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I saw Calum at his locker, grabbing his spanish textbook. I smiled. I walked over to him, poking at his sides earning a grunt.

"Hello." I smiled warmly, earning a grin from him.

"Hey cutie." he smiled. His words made my heart flutter. It's feels like the first time he ever called me babe. "What time can I pick you up tonight?" his eyes locked with mine. I completely forgot he was taking me out tonight.

"Um around 6 maybe? Or 5." I told him and he grinned. 

"Okay. It's a date." he chuckled and so did I. "See you later." he waved and walked off to class. I couldn't help but smile but I also felt guilty. I needed to talk to Michael and tell him what was going on.

-

When I got home I immediately ran upstairs, dialing Luke's phone number.

"Hello?" Luke's voice sounded softer on the phone.

"Come over please, I need help." I sighed, looking through the clothes in my closet. With that he hung up.

Some minutes later, Luke was sitting in my bedroom.

"So what did you need?" he bites down on his bottom lip, watching me carefully as I looked through my closet.

"I need you to help me pick out an outfit for my date tonight." I began to feel nervous, a look of confusion crossed his face.

"Michael really blew me off for you? Dammit." he pouted and then laughed, his face growing serious when I shook my head.

"I'm going on one with Calum." I said lowly and Luke's eyes grew wide.

"What?" he asked as if he didn't understand a word I said. I nodded and he knitted his eyebrows together. "Are you stupid?" he said angrily. I shook my head and he laughed. "Seems like it." he muttered and sat down on my bed.