chapter twenty

LAURENS POV.

I spent a couple of days alone debating how I actually felt. I was definetly head over heals for Calum, but Michael had this way about me. Like that day when we were cleaning his fathers house, nothing else mattered to me. It felt like everything was a blur, and it was only him.

"Knock knock." Calum's voice made me jump, taking me from my deep thoughts. I giggled and looked at him.

"Whos there?" I put my hand over my mouth. He sat there for a moment before speaking again.

"Ben hur." he chuckled, tracing circles on my hips. 

"Ben hur over doggy style." he laughed and fell off of me, clutching his sides as he gasped for air. I giggled, not laughing at the joke, but at him. Seeing him smile like that was actually so breath taking, just watching him be a big goof was enough to make anyone crack a smile.

"You are lame, Hood." I laughed and stood up, walking towards my kitchen where my mum was sat, cooking dinner. I dug through the fridge and pulled out two water bottles.

"I'm happy you guys are together again." my moms voice spoke and I couldn't help but smile. My mom was honestly the most supportive person that I knew and I was glad to have someone like her around. 

"Me too." I let out a breath that I had no idea I held in. 

"Dinner will be ready in a couple of hours. Is he staying?" she grabbed the salt, putting into the pan with whatever she was making before looking at me. I nodded and she nodded too. I walked back to the living room and hand Calum a water bottle.

"I don't think thats a good idea, I have to pee. Really bad." he chuckled and I laughed as well. He stood up and walked to the bathroom.

I sat down on the couch and looked around and heard his phone start ringing. The loud unexpected sound made me jump. I looked over at the coffee table and looked at the caller ID. The name read Riley.

"Calum can I answer this?" I yelled from the living room. 

"Yeah." he replied and walked out from the bathroom. I grabed his phone and spoke.

"Hello?" I said, a smile pulling on my lips. This was the girl who kissed Calum.

"Hi, is Calum there?" she spoke loudly into the phone, her voice agrivated my ears.

"Not at the moment. This is his girlfriend, Lauren. Would you like to leave a message?" I looked at Calum and he shook his head with a smile before sitting down next to me. 

"Um, no. I'll call back. Thanks though." she said quickly before hanging up and I handed Calum his phone back. He kissed my cheek gently and leaned back on the couch.

"Who was it?" he summoned and I shrugged.

"That girl, Riley." I said simply before taking a gulp from my water. He raised his eyebrows and unlocked his phone, before ringing her back. He stood up and walked outside on the back patio. 

I watched him through the glass door, tugging his hair with his fingers and throwing his arms in the air making all sorts of hand gestures. I giggled and looked at my own phone, unlocking it. I went through my text messages and had a few from Ashton and one from Luke. I answered them back before getting up and walking back to the kitchen.

"Mum?" I stood next to her and she locked at me. 

"Yes?" she answered, continuing whatever she was doing. 

"Can Ashton and Luke come over for dinner?" I smiled. I didn't even bother mentioning Michael. I wanted to distant myself from him for a while, honestly. She nodded and I heard Calum come into the kitchen. My mum turned around and smiled at him.