chapter seven

CALUMS POV.

Everything honestly felt okay again. Having her back made me feel great and I wasn't letting her slip away from me again. 

"Babe." Lauren was flipping through the radio stations in my car. I looked at her and smiled.

"Yes beautiful?" I smirked as I watched her cheeks turn red.

"Can you tell me where we're going?" she sighed and looked out of the window, leaning against it.

"On a date." I answered for the billionth time. She rolled her eyes and I stared at the road. My plan was to get some ice cream and sit at the park and sing a song that I wrote for her. I parked my car at the park and she stepped out.

"The park." she raised her eyebrows and I smiled and took my hand in hers.

"Let's get ice cream first." I kissed her forehead before walking to the icecream shop.

"What do you want?" I looked at the menu and she giggled. 

"Chocolate." she put her head on my shoulder. I smiled and walked up to the cashier. 

"Can I get two chocolate soft serves." I smiled and gave her 10 dollars that was crumbled in my pocket. I grabbed the icecream and walked out.

"Back to the park." I said cooly, earning a confused look from Lauren. 

"Why the park?" she wines and pouts. I smile and grab my guitar from the car, carrying to the picnic table. 

"Your guitar.." she looked even more confused.

"Sit down." I smiled and cleared my throat.

"I wrote this song for you when you were mad at me and stuff so I wanted to sing it to you." I sighed and she gave me a small smile.

"Six weeks since I've been away, now your saying everything has changed, and I'm afraid that I might be losing you. And every night that I spent alone, it kills me thinking of you on your own. And I wish I was back home next to you." I strummed my guitar.

"Oh everyday, you feel a little bit further away. And I don't know what to say." I looked down at the floor and took a deep breath.

"Are we wasting time talking on a broken line, telling you I haven't seen your face in ages I feel like we're as close as strangers. Wont give up, even though it hurts so much every night I'm losing you in a thousand faces I feel like were as close as strangers." I sigh, this song means so much to me and I really don't wanna look Lauren in the eye right now.

"Late night calls and another text, is this as good as we're gonna get? Another timezone taking me away from you. Living dreams in florescent lights, are you and I running out of time? But you know that I'll always wait for you. Oh everyday, you feel a bit furhter away. And I don't know what to say." I sigh and stop strumming and look up at Lauren. 

"Calum, that was amazing!" she smiled and dropped her icecream on the floor. 

"Shit." she cursed under her breath and I smiled at her. She scooted next to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I love you, a lot." I smiled and looked at her. She immediatly started blushing.

"I love you too, Cal." she smiled and kissed me. All of this felt like such a dream, like if it wasn't real. None of this felt real to me.

But atleast I had her back. 

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

HI this was very short but the song

is close as strangers and its on the target CD.