chapter seventeen

CALUMS POV.

I still needed time to think, about all of this. I was actually thinking about forgiving her and letting this all pass us but I wasn't sure if I wanted to just yet. After all, this wasn't something you can let slide in the blink of an eye.

I sighed as I focused on the road, not sure where I was going. I did this a lot lately, just went for random drives at 2 in the morning. It made me think and it relaxed me, and its what I needed. Lauren has been in my head constantly for about 3 weeks now and it sucked. I couldn't think straight anymore and I think I was generally, losing my mind. My phone buzzed in the seat next to me and I snapped out of my thoughts quickly. And it took me by suprise because, it was Lauren.

"Hello?" I said quietly and kept my eyes on the road.

"Hi." she said in almost a whisper and I took in a deep breath.

"You called?" I said in the nicest way possible. I didn't want to be rude anymore, it was getting tiring. 

"I can't sleep." she let out a light chuckle and a small smile pulled upon my lips. She sounded tired, and that was almost one of my things about her. When she would have those sleepy eyes and her messy hair, laying right next to me. She looked so tired even when she was sleeping. 

I snapped back into reality and heard her breathing into the phone, "Oh." I said soothingly. 

"Can you come over?" she said promptly and I sighed.

"I'm like an hour away Lauren." I ran my free hand through my hair and looked around at my surroundings. I wasn't that far away from her, and I could probably get there 20 minutes tops. I just hated the fact that she wanted me too.

"Please." she pleaded and she sounded so vounerable. Its like a lightbulb turned on in my head and out of nowhere, I was driving to Lauren's house. 

"I'll be there in a few." I mumbled before ending the call and tossing my phone to the passanger seat. My heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest, literally. I felt like I just drank a carton of rotten milk. I pulled up to her driveway and sighed, her mum wasn't home which is most likely why she asked me to come over.

I got out of the car, slamming my door shut and walking to her front door. I knocked a few times before she opened it. She has never looked so tired.

"Come in." she muttered and stood out of the doorway. I always loved Lauren's house. It always had that one smell that smelt like home, and I liked it. 

"What did you need me for?" I looked anywhere but at her. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her shrug and then yawn.

"I felt lonely I guess." she mumbled and took a seat on the couch and motioned for me to sit near her. I nodded and say on the edge of the couch.

"Why didn't you invite someone else." I knitted my eyebrows together and looked at my fiddeling fingers.

"I wanted you here." she shrugged and curled up to the arm rest on the other side of the couch.

"But why?" I said blankly. This was actually really confusing. She sighed and scooted closer to me, still not coming near me.

"Can you just stay? Please?" she broke into a yawn and I nodded, looking around the lit up living room. I looked at the clock on my wall and parted my lips.

"It's 3am, you should get some rest." I smiled slightly and her cheeks flushed red, but she just nodded. She rested her head on the arm rest and I sighed. I couldn't really tell you how bad I wanted to just be curled up beside her so all of this would go away. I let her slip through my fingers so many times, and this made me realized, I wanted to give her a second chance.

"Come here." I said quietly and patted down to the spot next to me. Her eyes blinked open and she crawled next to me, hugging her knees. 

"I thought about what you said.." I mumbled and her eyes locked with mine and she bit down on her bottom lip.

"And.." she said lightly and I chuckled.

"I forgive you." I said simply and I felt like a ton of weighth just lifted off my shoulders. Everything was gone, and the only thing I could see was her. Her face lit up, like a kid at a candy store. Nothing made me happier than seeing her smile.

"Thats great." she stated frantically and I nodded. 

"Now you can go to sleep." I chuckled and she let out a light giggle and dug herself into my side. I rested my head back as I felt my self slowly drifting to sleep.

"I love you, Calum." I heard Lauren mumble before I completely passed out.

・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧・゚✧

wow ok so it is currently 7am and i have to be up for school but i decided, why not just write chapter 17? anyway, i don't know how this was and it felt weird writing it but i tried.