chapter eighteen

LAURENS POV.

Things felt like they were falling into place, but there was a part of me that was just repeating that this was a mistake. This was all one big mistake. It felt like one big blur. Calum hates me and thats a fact.

"What do you think?" Calum turned around, smiling at me and pointing at the fresh frosted cupcakes he made. 

"Looks great." I chuckled and he turned back to whatever he was doing. Okay, maybe he didn't hate me, but he sure as hell should. I didn't deserve him. He deserved so much better, someone that wasn't me. 

"Did you make up with Taylor yet?" he put two cupcakes on a dish and sat infront of me, resting his head on his hand. I shook my head and sighed, tapping my nails on the table. 

"She hates me." I mumbled. Frankly, everyone hated me. Chama and Zoe are on Taylor's side and I understand why, but it sucks. Not really having anyone but the boys. I haven't talked to Michael in a while and it sucked. I have no idea what happened to him, but he refuses to talk to me.

"Oh." he said simply, raising his eyebrows. I sighed and took a bite of my cupcake, shutting my eyes and let the taste linger in my mouth.

"This is great." I moaned into my mouth and Calum chuckled louder than usual. I smiled and suddenly I felt really, really tired.

"Have you spoken to Michael?" I said through a yawn and he rolled his eyes, obviously wanting to dodge my question.

"No." he said firmly and cleaned up the dish that he put in the sink. I sighed and rested my head on the table. Calum drove me to his house earlier and we spent the day doing nothing. 

"Are you tired?" he took his bottom lip between his teeth and I nodded slightly, my eyes were drooping.

"I think I sould get going." I stretched and looked at my bare feet. He frowned but nodded, grabbing his keys off of the counter.

"I'll drive you, I guess." he muttered and I gave him a small smile, walking out of his house. We made our way to his car and sat in silence basically the whole ride home. He pulled into the driveway and unbuckled his seatbelt quickly before getting out. I giggled to myself before getting out and walking to my front door.

"I had a good time today." he sing-songed. I felt my cheeks heaten up and I knew I was blushing. Damn you, Calum.

"So did I." I said toneless and he locked eyes with mine and I felt my stomach churn. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" he broke the awkwardness and I nodded and out of nowhere he planted a quick kiss on my lips. I felt fireworks burst out of me and I felt myself smiling. This felt like the first time I ever kissed Calum and it felt so wonderful. 

"See you." I smiled warmly as he pulled me in for a hug. It lingered longer than it should have and I heard him sigh in relief.

"Goodnight, Lauren." he smiled and poked my cheek, making me giggle.

"Goodnight, Calum." I mocked and he smiled, walking back to his car. He turned it on and locked eyes with me for one quick second, waving goodbye. I smiled and walked inside. I pressed my back up against the door and smiled to myself. Everything felt so great at the moment, like if I picked myself back up and put back the broken pieces. It was so crazy how Calum could make me hate everything one day and make me so happy the next. Its like he controlled my mind.

He was my drug, and I was addicted. He is my bad habit. 

★゜・。。・゜゜・★゜・。。

this was really short i apolagize but i wanted to update. i like how this story is turning out and i really hope it gets bigger and popular. i'm almost at 3k reads and thats honestly so amazing. you guys are great. also, i'm sorry for not updating as much as i used too, i've been so busy with school and at home. :--)