Chapter 16

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

"What happened to you?" I asked Winona as she cries on my chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I was stupid for being like that! I was stupid for taking advantage of you...I was supposed to get everything right on that day, but you showed up there and my plan was ruined. I never really meant to hurt you. Patrick, I regret everything I did to you! I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." She murmured while sobbing on my chest. She was about to kneel in front of me, but I stopped her. "I can't stop thinking about you, Patrick I'm so sorry!" She added.

Winona sounds so guilty and it seems like she really regrets everything she did.

"Hey, shhh. W-what happened to you? Why do you have a wound?" I asked her, looking at the wound on her lip.

"He got angry when I said I'm breaking up with him. But fuck that, we're through...because of him I fucked up the thing between us. I'm sorry." She kept saying while sobbing.

Yes...this girl is the one that cheated on me, that hurt me, that had me as an option. But that doesn't mean I should be cold to her. Besides, she's been my friend too. I don't want to hold my grudge too long too and maybe this is the sign that I shouldn't tell Chase about what my feeling is. Maybe this will save me from that.

I just let Winona in my house for hours trying to comfort the girl that fucked me up last week. I lost track of time and I didn't even remember my meeting with Chase. I took my phone out and I know I'm in trouble.

20 missed called from Chase.

It was now around three in the afternoon. He had been waiting for me for almost four hours. I was about to call him back, but suddenly my doorbell rang. I ran towards the front door and opened it, finding Chase outside.

"You owe me an explanation for making me wait for hours." He said stubbornly. I chuckled at him nervously, I don't want him to know that Winona is here.

"Yeah. Got caught up on something. I'm really sorry, Chase." I said sincerely and the guy just smiled at me.

"Patrick?" I was about to close the door behind me, but Winona suddenly spoke.

I looked at Chase and he peeked inside my house and saw Winona in there. They exchanged looks, Winona looked so ashamed, but Chase looked pissed. I can feel that his breathing became heavy too.

"So...I see." He said sarcastically. I went out and shut the door behind.

"Look, this is not what it seems like. She just came and she's crying...she's saying sorry." I explained and he suddenly laughed coldly.

"And of fucking course, you forgave her. Patrick! Are you insane?" He whispered shout. "Patrick! It's only been a week...a fucking week! How sure you are that...

"Winona's not like that!" I said back to him which obviously shock him. I, myself was shocked with myself too, I'm defending the girl that broke me.

"Wow...just wow. If I'm not mistaken you were the one who hated her to the bones last week. Are you even sure if she's not using you anymore this time?" He asked me with his sassy tone.

Maybe I got too frustrated...too confused about my feelings. I don't know, anymore! I don't want to Fall Away...I don't want to admit to him that I like him. I'm so confused. I want to make everything right again, I need to forget my feelings for him!

"She fucking cheated on you...how sure you are that she's not going to do it this time?!" He said with a gritted teeth and I just exploded.

I grabbed him by his shirt and push him against the wall hard, my breathing became heavy. I'm not letting this opportunity pass, I'm not falling for him. I want to disregard all my feelings for him.

"Shut up! You don't know her, Chase. Don't you dare talk about her like that." I said but I myself have doubts with what I am saying.

He stared at me in disbelief, we're face to face and now I immediately regret pushing him hard.

"You know what...fuck it," He said and pushed me away.

"I'm s-sorry. I was just...

"Fuck it. Fine, do what the fuck you want. I'm only concerned about you, so I'm sorry for being like that. I'm sorry for thinking ahead...I'm sorry for not wanting you to be hurt again. Fucking fine," He said, pulling the collar of his shirt.

"Chase, I didn't mean to," I said.

"Me too," He said, but he said that more likely to himself. "Just tell me what you want to tell me so I could go"

"I..." I suddenly remembered why I want to meet him, what I want to say to him. But now it all changed, I don't want him to know. I don't want to be like this. "I want to tell you that I really want to forgive Winona now," I lied.

Chase laughed at me coldly, like he can't believe what I just said.

"Just be careful this time. This time I won't be around to save your ass if something happened again. I'm leaving the band," I said that made his jaw drop.

********************

*Chasity's P.O.V.*

I never thought that Patrick will react like that.

He grabbed me by my shirt and pushed me against a wall. He was too angry...too persistent to defend the girl that broke him. I hate the situation, I want to bang his head on a table because I'm thinking the guy had gone insane.

And the way he lied to me about what he's going to tell me. Maybe Patrick just didn't want to continue, maybe he got too frustrated or something...well I'm going insane too.

The moment I saw Winona inside his house, I felt like I was betrayed again. Not by a boyfriend, but by a best friend. I thought he'd never let her in his life again, but I was wrong.

"I'm leaving the band," I said and that was an on-the-spot decision.

I think this is the sign for me that I should leave the band. I don't want to feel this anymore...I feel like shit and I hate it.

"W-What? You're insane, Chase." That was Patrick's reply.

"You're the fucking insane one. And don't get me wrong, I'm leaving not because of this, I'm leaving for some private reasons," I explained coldly.

"But we had to have a say too, Chase. You can't just leave like that. We need you...Dude, I n-need you...as my bestfriend." He said which tugged my heart.

"Don't be selfish, Patrick," I said to him while staring at his eyes. "I've had enough hiding, I can't do it any longer." I murmured silently that even I can't hear it.

{THANKS FOR READING!}