Chapter 24

{I dedicate this chapter to all of you BrenIty shippers there ;) and also to Mundane_Muggle_! ;) ENJOY!}

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

"She's just a girl who boys want to dance with...
And you're just a boy who lost many chances..."

I caught myself staring at her and Brendon from afar. Andy was the one who went next to me to sing that.

"Shut up, Shades." I retorted and face my back to them. I went to the dining room and Andy was following me.

"Why don't you just give it up? Come on, Patrick. When did you become that prideful?" He asked me.

"I'm not. We're through...can't you see it. We're done car--

"Oh fuck that, Stump. It's obvious  that you and her still want to fix things between the two of you." He insisted.

I can't really fight with Andy, the guy is too observant and its like he can read our minds.

"I successfully pushed her away from me...and that's the end of that, period." I said as I took out an energy drink she brought for me and I sighed more.

"You know, I really don't know what happened to you. You should have been happy when you found out that she's a girl. I mean, that cleared out a lot of problems. I know you know she'll never use us, but then you kept on insisting that she did. You kept saying she embarrassed you...but then at the end of the day you're the one who's embarrassing yourself by being a douche like this." I know Andy was a straight-forward guy when talking...but I never expected his words would hurt like this. "Weigh in the good and the bad things she had done, I'll bet my life that she did a lot more of good things than the bad. Don't you remember what you said to me that night; 'Chase had been a very good friend to me, really I owe the guy a lot even from the start. He did every favor I ask him, he's always standing by my side and catching me whenever I fall back.' Yes, she lied about her identity, but that doesn't mean that every other thing she did is a lie. Maybe except for that thing...lying that she's happy to see you and Winona."

"Did she really?" I asked sitting down in front of Andy.

"And now you're numb too? Goddamn, Patrick! The girl love you to the bones, that's why she made every effort to make things between you and her okay even if you're treating her like she's no one. She never gave up just like that."

My breathing became heavy, why am I just realizing it all now? I hate to think that I was the one who's going back to her now when I was also the one who kept on pushing her away.

"But she already moved on...

"Yes! Because you told her to. Every day you've done nothing but push her away. We've been trying to tell her to stop, but she remained positive...saying that she'll never stop until you told her to stop. I wasn't expecting that you'll tell her that, but you fucking did. And now you're left with noth--

"Stop. J-just stop." I murmured. I can't take in anything more.

"Again...give it up already, till you have time to get back what you need and what you want. Deep inside your eyes...I know you want to hold her like how Brendon holds her." He said then left me there alone.

This is the worst guilt-trip I ever had.

----------------------------

Whenever I see her now, all I can remember is the best memories we had in our vacation in Japan.