Chapter 34

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

"You already chose everything for our wedding? The motif, the flower, the food and the cake?" Elaine asked me and I just nodded at her.

"I don't want to give you too much stress, El. I also think you'd like it." I tried to be more cheerful about it, fortunately, she didn't argue anymore.

The moment we got back in Chicago, I just settled everything down. I really don't want to think about it more so I just want this all to end in the fastest time possible.

"So, the only thing left for me to choose is the wedding gown?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah. You can choose whatever you want." I answered her.

"Yey! Thanks."

I swear to god I'm pushing myself to love the girl, but there's really something that stops me. And also, I feel that she's busy with other things, I often catch her talking on her phone. Its obvious that she's still flirting with other guys, I tried talking it out with her, but she always denies it.

The past week that I had been with her is really not that exciting, she's always missing every night and I have no idea where to find her. Elaine's obviously not interested in me too, she just pretends when I'm around and I think she just wants everything I'm giving her...like the public attention and material things.

I haven't seen my best friends for a while too, I know they are all disappointed with me. They haven't been asking me how I've been or things as such. I'm not used to this most especially with Pete, the guy worries for me like a brother and this sudden change is a big burden to me.

The only good thing about this is that my grandmother is finally getting better with all the medications she is receiving, but still I haven't been talking to her. I hate what she's doing to me, but that really doesn't mean that I'll just leave her out to die...she's still my grandmother.

"You're thinking too deep again, what's the matter?" she said to me while holding onto my arm. I smiled at her and shook my head. "Let's go to the shop now? I think I'm in the mood to do some wedding gown shopping!" she added and this is the first time I heard her being like this.

"Okay, but I want to visit my grandmother in the hospital first. You can go ahead first to the shop, I won't take long." I said to her and she agreed.

She excitedly stood up and prepared to leave, she seems so excited with all these things and I think she might be loving this all now.

I wish I can get her enthusiasm towards what's happening in our lives.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"How's everything going?" my grandmother asked me while I'm putting some flowers in the vase beside her hospital bed. She had been staying here for the medication she's getting, but at least I know that it's all working on her.

"Everything is settled down, you don't have to worry about it. We're going to meet later to buy a wedding gown." I said without emotions while organizing some other things in there.

I can hear her smiling innocently, she's really happy that I chose this decision and that makes me more frustrated. I feel like I still have to act I like all these in front of her and I feel bad because I know I'm only lying.

"And that girl? or that Chase?" she suddenly asked which got my attention, I looked at her and she's just looking at me.

"What about her?"

"I forgot to mention that she spoke to me a day before you leave for London. She said that she loves you and you love her back too and that she will do everything to stop you and Elaine to get married. Well, I mean, look at you now. I'm happy you picked Elaine, I really don't like that Chase." she said and every time she says her name, it's like she's disgusted with it.