1). High For This

*You don't know what's in store
But you know what you're here for
Close your eyes
Lay yourself beside me. *

School.

Not the most exciting word you will hear in your life. Unless of course you absolutely adore school; you will have to be a fool in order to do that. I shouldn't be this unenthusiastic about school.

But can you blame me?

I'm at a school where nothing exciting has happened in my two years. And I'm pretty sure my 3rd year won't be any different. Well unless they get rid of the uniform policy; dark colored jeans only, closed shoes, white or navy blue polo shirts or button ups. I prefer button ups because they make me feel sophisticated I guess....I don't know.

"Delani, this year is going to be so much fun!" Wrong Sophia.

Sophia is one of my good friends in our group, which consist of Sophia, Lia, Dakota and Bryce my best friend. Me and Bryce are like two peas in a pod. I've only known him since 9th grade, not a long time I know. But he is absolutely the best and I love and trust him dearly.

"Delani did you hear us?" Lia asks.

I shake my head. "Sorry what?"

"There's this new hot teacher, well at least that's what I've been hearing. Anyways he teaches pre-calculus," Lia frowns, "So I won't be seeing him."

"Me either," Dakota and Sophia say in unison.

"Looks like we will." Bryce says raising his eyebrows up and down, while doing a little dance with his shoulders towards me.

Yeah, Bryce is gay, but he isn't at the same time. I mean he likes guys, but he acts like a regular dude. He isn't into that thing where 'just because I'm gay doesn't mean I have to act or dress like a girl'.

If its even a thing.

Weird?

Not really, I get that overprotective side and the gossip side, its a bonus really.

"Yay for us," I throw my hand up in the air and drop them down, "We're going to be stuck in a classroom full of annoying girls giggling like idiots." I roll my eyes.

As you can clearly see, I honestly don't care if he's "good-looking" or looks like Shrek. As long as he is a good teacher I'm fine because math is my subject, I mean it. I'm the queen of math.

We all walk into the main office to retrieve our schedules. I walk up to Ms. Piper at the front desk and smile, "Good morning Ms. P."

She smiles back, "Good morning Ms. S."

Ms. Piper is my favorite person; adult wise. She gives me free excused passes tardy passes, hall passes that are already signed, and changed my schedule for me several times. She's amazing.

She hands me my schedule, "You got some great classes, Delani. You even got Pre- calculus with the new hot teacher."

I groan, "Why does everyone seem to like him. Have you even seen him?"

She nods dramatically, "Oh yeah and he is hot. Don't tell Mr.Blue." she winks at me Mr.Blue is her boo. (See what I did there. No okay :| )

I laugh a little and start to walk away, "See you around Ms. P."

She salutes me, "You have a good day, Delani."

I walk back to everyone and finally take a look at my schedule.

Period. 1- Chemistry. Adv.
Period. 2- Drama.
Period. 3- Psychology. 2
Period. 4- British Lit. Adv.
Period. 5- U.s History. Adv.
Period. 6- Pre- calculus. Adv.