30).The Fall

#MarryMeAbel

* So you can watch my love vanish,
In a girl with no talent."

Abels P.O.V

I feel myself dozing to sleep, but I shake it off. I don't need to be falling asleep, especially with Delani here. I need to make sure that she's okay.

Right now, she is sleeping peacefully in my arms. I managed to get my jacket off and put it on top of her. While humming a tone, the door to my classroom opens, took Bryce long enough. He was gone for a while.

"Took you long enough."

"Sorry," he mumbles as he sets bags on a desk. "I had to sneak in and I stopped at the store and at Delani's house to get her some clothes for when she wakes up."

"Oh alright, cool."

"And I think we're locked in the school too."

"Fantastic." I grumble, "What did you get from the store?"

"Gummy bears, Dr. Pepper and water. And I got French fries from McDonald's." He sits down and takes out his French fries and starts to munch on them.
"So since we're going to be stuck here for a while, we should get to know each other. I mean all I know is that you are a teacher and you're dating my best friend."

"And all I know about you is that you're my student and you're my girlfriend's best friend." I smile lightly.

"So it's settled we don't know anything about each other. So, what's your name?"

I raise an eyebrow, "You know my name. Abel Tesfaye."

He shrugs, "Just making conversation. Where are you from?"

"Canada."

"I've always wanted to go to Canada. What's it like?"

"I love it. The atmosphere over there is unbelievable, I'm from Toronto and everyone is friendly. And it's just amazing, never a dull moment there." Talking about this made me realize how much I miss home. I need to visit sometime.

"Wow, it sounds like you loved it there."

"I did. I still do."

"Then why did you leave?"

"Um, I don't know how to really explain it. I guess I just needed a change of scenery." I really needed a change of environment. I loved Canada but I really had to get out of there.

"Oh, that sucks. But at least you came here."

"Yeah, I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have been able to meet Delani if I didn't." I look down and move her hair out of her face.

"I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Why do you call her Delani and not Lani?" He asks while opening a Dr. Pepper.

"Well, I've noticed that everyone calls her Lani. So I wanted to be like the only one or one of the few to call her by her full name. Plus her name is beautiful."

He hums and nods, "I have another question."

"I feel like I'm being interrogated."

"You are." He says.

"Right, so what's your question?"

"Do you love Lani?"

I nod slowly, "I do."

"Do you plan on telling her?"

"I feel like it's too early."

"That's because, it is. Well not too early, but you know it's early. I mean you guys just make two months on Monday."