Well that was dark

Kasey's POV

"Jason we've been in these woods for 20 minutes. How much longer?"

"About five more minutes. Come on princess, put those legs into work." Jason yelled back at me.

"You said that ten minutes ago." I mumbled.

"Heard that." Jason yelled again.

I quickly increased my speed to catch up with Jason.

"Ahhh here we are." Jason breathed out.

I looked ahead of me to see a cliff with a little pond below it.

"It's beautiful." I said walking up to it.

"When ever I needed a vacation. I would always come to Mexico. I would just sit out here for hours watching nature turn. It calms me down." Jason said sitting down.

I sat beside him.

"So have you always had a thing for nature?"

"Yeah. Since I was a little kid. My mom would always take me to this little creek in the woods behind our house every Friday. I liked the piece & quite there."

"Sounds nice."

"It is, if we ever go back to Canada. I'll take you, and you can meet my mom." Jason said smiling at me.

"I'd like that." I said smiling back.

"Ya know for 'America's Most Wanted Criminal' you're not that bad." I said.

"Well that's because I'm with you." He said looking at me sheepishly.

"Ahh so I change you?"

"Yeah. I feel normal when I'm with you. Not like some bi-polar freak." He said bitterly looking down at the ground.

"You not a freak. You are normal. You just got a little extra baggage that's all." I said being honest.

"You don't understand. I am a bad person. I've done things to people the devil himself hasn't even thought about doing. I've killed people, families even at a time just for the fun of it. I like the fact that I can control people's lives. I like the feeling of being in control. I'm feared by all. Man and woman. That's why no other gang has ever stepped to me. They don't call me black hearted McCann for nothin'. Jason said blankly staring at the ground.

Well that was dark.

I bit my lip nervously. I didn't know what to say. I've never heard someone talk with so much non emotion before.

It's like he can turn his emotions on & off like a light switch.

I took a deep breath. "I don't think your cold hearted. Sure you've done a lot of things & killed a lot of people but that's an opinion of yourself & what others think of you. You've been nice to me since the moment you met me. You make me happy. The happiest I've been in a long time. So my opinion on you is that your a good person. And not to bad of a boyfriend either." I said bumping his shoulder a little.

"Boyfriend?" He said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hey you said it first." I said putting my hands up in defense.

He chuckled at me and shook his head.

"Thanks for saying that. You didn't have to. And you're not to bad of a girlfriend either." He said intertwining are fingers together.

I blushed & looked down at our hands.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

We sat there is silence watching nature. It was peaceful. I liked this side of Jason a lot better then the criminal-business side.

"So ummm I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me tonight. I know this great restaurant in Mexico City." Jason asked nervously.

"Sure why not."

Guys I'm sorry here's a little update. Not much. I needed to give yall something for making y'all wait so long. ❤ - A