Chapter 9

I wake up under the willow tree and sit up as Laya hands me a water bottle. Despite the fact that Luke was in a room covered in fire, I could see dry tearstains under his eyes.

"Ashton convinced the principal that Luke was picked up by his mom and that you fell asleep under the willow tree at break so he checked you guys off. Ashton had to forge Luke's mom's signature in the books though before he told the principal," Laya tells me.

I nod and look at Luke who's lying unconscious next to me once more. "Someone needs to clean Luke, he looks like a coal-miner," I say in order to lighten the mood. "I'll do it. I am his protector... a bad protector..." Ashton adds.

"Is he going to wake up?" Lexi asks concerned. I look at her and then back down at Luke pouring the rest of my water on his face, making him jolt awake. "Yes," I answer her as she chuckles along with some of the other's.

I get up and wobble a bit until I get my footing and walk off to my bike. I feel the eyes on me but ignore all of them as Lexi hands me my helmet.

When I get to my bike I put the helmet on carefully because my face feels like I got sunburn. I start my bike and drive home where I find Amy waiting for me at the front door. I park my bike and walk over to Amy.

She gasps when she sees me "Michael said you got burned. He got burned too. He said Luke got mad sad and threw a fit and that he burned him so he got Ashton, but you ended up saving Luke. Michael's inside half his face got burned slightly, but his neck was the worst part," she says and I rush inside and see Michael on the couch with a big bandage over half of his face.

"What happened...? You were there?" I ask as I sit on the coffee table in front of him. He sighs and sit's up straight. "Luke thinks you're his mate and that you rejected him... so he threw a tantrum and burned me, the end," Michael says tiredly.

"What?!" I practically yell. My mom rushes in the living room and rushes to me. She grabs me in a hug as Michael watches. "Honey is it true... Is Luke your soul mate?" she asks worried yet excitedly.

"What?! No! I don't know!" I yell clearly frustrated. I put my face in my hands and cry silently. I don't want a mate! I'll just hurt him! And he'll be crushed once the hunters find me and kill me. I had a plan to survive and try my best not to befriend anyone so they won't get too attached, and now I have a fucking soul mate!

Michael places his hand on my shoulder and then moves it to my back and starts rubbing my back comfortingly. "Honey... I know what you're thinking... and you won't end up like me... I'll make sure of it. I failed being your father's protector, but I won't fail protecting you and neither would Amy or Laya," she tells me.

"Laya's had enough of my shit and I'm pretty sure she's Michael's mate so she'll turn into his protector," I blurt and both my mom and Amy gasp as Michael stiffens.

I look up at a flustered looking Michael "Sorry..." I say and get up and go to my room to take a shower. I get in the shower and start singing (MI CASA- Turn you on)

"Getting to know you girl, getting to know your world
Exploring your every curve learning the lines you serve
Can you let me into your space,
I promise that I won't touch I won't taste for now now
Respecting your every move choosing what not to do
'Cause I know your real worth girl and truly value you
Ohhh

I just wanna turn you on girl, said I just wanna turn you on
I just wanna, I just wanna, I just wanna turn you on
Ohhhhhh

I just wanna turn you on
(I just wanna turn you on baby)
I just wanna turn you on
(I just wanna turn you on baby)

My interest is only you and everything you do
I wanna give it shot and see what we could do
Stretch out your trust and let me in
Lemme prove to you baby,
That a real man still exists