Chapter 15

I wake up in a really bright room and try to lift my hand up to wipe my eyes, but something is holding it down. I squint at the direction on my hand and see Luke clinging onto my hand with his head on his hands, probably sleeping.

I look around the room to find Nyx and Ashton asleep on the armchair, Nyx in Ashton's arms. I then look over to the wooden chair next to my opposite side where Calum was sat asleep.

I use the hand that isn't occupied by Luke's need for a pillow and wipe my eyes. I shake my head and my eyes go dragon for a moment before returning to its usual brown colour.

I was just enjoying the silence when Snowflake and Cupcake appeared in black and pink glittery smoke mixing together.

"You're awake!" Cupcake whisper yells excitedly "And they're asleep..." she says sounding sad again. "I was just wondering if you'll make the talent show this week. Cause I signed you up to sing!" she whisper yells.

"If I'm better..." I start, her looking so damn hopeful. I groan "I'll make it," I huff and she claps before her and Snowflake disappears once more into the strange dust.

I move the hand under Luke slightly, making him stir and sit up. "Guys, how late is it?" he asks groggily, still holding onto my hand.

When he notices I'm awake he becomes fully aware and awake, holding my hand tighter and coming closer. "How are you feeling...?" he asks me.

"Why didn't you leave?" I ask "I keep hurting you..." my voice cracks. I was sure that if I was mean to him that he would give up on me and return to his popularity.

"I didn't leave... because you told me not to... And even if you didn't tell me I still wouldn't leave... because I love you..." he says seriously. "How can you love someone you barely know...?" I ask.

"You talk in your sleep... and when you have memories, or flashbacks.... You repeat the words you said just more of a mumble. You also show me more of your life by me just having to look at your art... I know you... But you don't know me..." he says. "I love you... but you don't love me..." his voice cracking as he says 'me'

"Luke... I stopped loving people a long time ago... and got stuck loving only the people I loved before the accident... I knew Laya since kindergarten... My sister was a baby... Luke I forgot how it felt like to love... Sometimes I think that I don't even love my family... only that I'm afraid to lose them... like my dad... They say love is painful... I don't need more pain in my life... I'm a walking death trap, waiting to suck the happiness out of your soul just so you can feel how I feel..." I tell him genuine "And I want you to keep your happiness... I only know how to push people away..." I say as tears escape my eyes.

"That's probably why we were chosen as mates... I could teach you to love again... I'm not a person whose happiness can just be sucked out... I stay strong and I will never give up on you... YOU are MY soul mate... It pains me to see you cry... and it pains me to see you happy without me... But as long as I get to see you're smile... I'll get through it," he tells me making me look down and smile tiredly.

"There it is," he smiles, his dimples on for show. "The doctor said when you wake up we can go home... I'm not leaving your side ever again... I'm camping out on your room floor," he says stubbornly while helping me out of the bed.

I'm in a hospital gown and I'm just so happy it's ALL covered. Luke hands me my clothes and lets me enter the bathroom by myself thank god.

I put on the frilly black dress Nyx must've picked out and put on the pumps I'm guessing Ashton picked out.

I exit the bathroom and Luke gawks at my bare legs. "Okay pretty boy, eyes up here," I say and point at my face, holding my arms to stay warm since it's cold here and it's night time.