Chapter 7

After my heart to heart with Calum and us crying together I actually don't mind his company anymore.

"Can you tell me what happened that night...? Or do you not want to talk about it?" he asks. The bell goes off indicating that it's break. "No... You should go to your friends, you are the captain, they probably don't even know what to order without you're okay," I attempt to joke and he actually laughs.

"Yeah, let's go, you need to eat," he says and stands up holding a hand out for me. "Nah... I'm good here," I say but he doesn't listen. He snakes his arms under my armpits and lifts me off the floor as I clung to my backpack.

He grabs my arm and drags me back to the building. "I have nowhere to sit so when you go to your table I'll come right back here," I say and he looks at me confused.

"You sit with Laya and the misfits remember?" he says confused. "Nah... Laya freaked out on me this morning and kept complaining about her having to babysit me so I told her she didn't have to," I say and fight back another batch of tears.

Calum stops "Wow, why'd she freak?" he asks. "She wanted more time with Michael and I don't want to be around any of you... except you I guess... you know to match so..." I say and Calum smiles.

"That's good. Not the Laya part, but the part of you actually starting to like me," he says and I cock an eyebrow. "There's a difference between liking you and not hating you... so to be quite clear... I can tolerate you," I say as a tiny smile tugs my lips.

Calum's smile brightens "Close enough for me," he says as he gives me a sideway hug and continues dragging me to the building.

"Calum I'm serious, I'm going to walk in there get an apple by Mel and walk out," I tell him but he ignores me and I have no more energy left in me to fight with him.... Plus, I guess it's nice to have someone care that much, Laya would try but she usually gives in and lets me have my way.

I take my sunglasses out of my leatherjacket and put them on. "You're a total bad ass," Calum chuckles "You could actually fit in with Michael's table. But your making me want to pass out by just looking at you in that jacket, it's way too hot for a jacket right now, take it off," Calum tells me.

"I feel naked without a jacket on," I frown and pout at him. "I don't care you're going to have heat stroke, take it off," He demands "Yes MOM," I tease as I take off the jacket and un-do my hair so it falls in my face and over my back to hide my tattoo.

Calum looks back at me "Really?!" he asks confusing me. "You're going to kill Luke if he sees you" He says giving me a disapproving look. "Why?" I ask still confused as I tie my paint covers leatherjacket around my waist.

"Never mind..." he huffs and walks through the cafeteria doors. I follow and hear some whispers but ignore them and walk up to Mel.

"Hey bubs, what ya want, we got mystery meat," she laughs and I scrunch up my nose and point at the apples behind her in a tired manor. She grabs me a red apple and gives it to me "You really should eat more," Mel says. "Or nah," I say and give her a retarded face.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses inside, have you been crying? And why aren't you wearing a jacket, you never take them off?" she asks.

"Because sweet Mel, this one here said he was going to pass out if he sees me in a jacket in this heat," I says pointing at Calum. She looks at him disapprovingly "You're a dumb ass, because now the whole cafeteria's gawking at your cousin," she gives him a sly smile and I turn to him smugly and stick my tongue out at him in a punk way before I'm turned around surprising the shit out of me.

"You are sitting at our table," Perry squeaks terrifying me. She pulls me away from Calum and Mel and me turn back to give them a salute before she practically drags me to...Michael's table...? Bleh... I just got over Calum being a pain in my ass, now I have to sit with Michael...Lovely...