Chapter 13

I jump out of bed, startled by a loud scream from downstairs. My first instincts are to run to Amy's room. When I get there she's awake and crying. What the hell is going on?!

Calum rushes into Amy's room shirtless and run toward us. "What's going on?" he whisper yells. I shrug and get up. I run out of the room and into my mom's... She's not there...

I run to Joy's room and she's not there either. "Where is the Dragon?! We know it lives here!" I hear a voice from downstairs. "I want my revenge!!!" the voice yells and I recognize it as Jake.

I run downstairs to see him holding Joy to the floor by her hair. He notices me and points the gun he was holding to Joy's head towards me. I lift my hand up and pretend to me afraid.

He releases Joy's hair and walks to me fast. "Are you the dragon that killed Gale?!" he asks me furiously. "W-What...? D-Dragon...? W-W-What's going on?! Jake what are you doing here?" I stutter and fake cry, sounding pathetic as he pulls my hair.

"Is anyone else here?!" he yells. "N-No..." I cry. "Where's your sister?!" he asks furiously. "She's at her friend's house!" I cry.

"Who is this woman?" he points the gun at Joy. She puts her head in her hands in fear. "She's my aunt... What did you say about Gale...?" I ask looking up with fake tears in my eyes.

"He's dead... And a black dragon killed him! There's only one black dragon we know of and all evidence say that it's part of this family," He growls.

"You mean like a p-pet dragon...?" I ask pretending to sound pathetic. He looks around thoughtfully "This was to easy..." he whispers to him. "Going into a dragon's nest shouldn't be easy..." he talks to himself again.

He lets go of my hair and I stumble toward Joy. "We have our information wrong..." he tears up and throws a tantrum as he disappears out the door.

The moment he gets out the door I pick up the land line and call those detectives that showed up a few days ago, fake crying through the phone. I notice my mom in the corner with blood running down her head "Please hurry, my mom is unconscious and bleeding!" I panic for real.

I scramble towards my mom and lay down in front of her unconscious body. "Mommy... Please don't leave us... too" I choke at the last part. I feel her pulse and it's there, but barely.

The two detectives rush in with two medical guys holding a gurney. "Alright... Please can you tell me what happened that made you call us?" the woman asks. "It was my eX Jake, he came in here yelling about his brother being killed by a dragon. I don't know what that means. I thought that he thought we had a pet dragon or something... Do you think he's insane...? He asked me if my sister was here, but I lied and told him that she was at a friend's house. She's upstairs with my cousin Calum," Rush out.

Yes I know I'm talking about dragon's but I'm trying to sound as innocent as I can and if they found out that I hid the fact of him blabbering about my kind that they won't find that suspicious, and maybe it was a trick and they wanted to find out if I knew anything about dragons.

"Dragon's... like the flying princess catching ones?" the guy detective asks. "I don't know! All he said was something about a black or blue dragon that killed his brother! Is my mom going to be okay?! I want this sick crazy ass bastard locked up for what he did! He held a fucking gun to my head!" I break down in fake sobs, which look so real because I've been doing the whole crying thing since my dad.

The lady detective puts her hand on my shoulder. "This is so hard for me, because this has happened before where someone breaks into our home and tries to kill someone. And last time it happened I lost my dad. Why is it that now they tried to kill my mom! And not only that but this time it was my ex-boyfriend! And it hurt even more that he held a fucking gun to my face asking me where my 8 year old baby sister is!" I fake sob even harder.