Chapter 22

I've been living with the panther's for a whole month. They have accepted me and I help protect her cubs when she hunts, and sometimes I hunt while she watches them. There are 2 cubs that I've learned is named Nova and Shadow.

Shadow is a boy and Nova is the girl. I named the mother Cara since she lost her name when she went solo since it was only her; there was no need for names.

Right now it was my turn to hunt. I stayed in my semi Panther form, because of the sight, hearing and camouflage, and it hides my scent, because every night, Luke would wander the forest and look for me.

Cara understands me hiding from my mate. She suspects that I've done something and he'll harm me, but in my case, I have no idea, but my instincts say that he can't be trusted.

I notice a buck in the opening, with a female and a baby... Dammit... I don't have the heart to break up a family. The male buck senses danger and nudges the female into safety, but before she can move a black dragon pounces on the male and scratches the female's side pretty deep, but she continues to run away with her baby.

I watch in horror as my mate mutilates the dear and look back at the bushes where I notice Harry's blue dragon form exit looking scared. What happened to Luke?

I ignore the soulless creature I use to call my mate, and run after the mother and baby. I find the mother on the flood in her blood and the baby cuddled o her side. I shift back into my human form and bust out in tears, causing the baby to startle and move closer to its dead mother. Why would Luke do that?!

I move closer to the baby and start to stroke it, causing it to look up at me with sadness in its eyes. I know its pain... I went through the same thing at a very young age...

The baby stands on its wobbly legs and cuddles into my crying side. I hear scrunching leaves, but I ignore it and close the mother dear's eyes with my shaking hands.

I'm calling the baby Bambi. I see a shadow loom over me and quickly turn around, turning semi dragon and hissing at the owner of the shadow, but clear as day, there stood Luke with a shocked and hopeful face as I glare at him.

He notices my glare and frowns before noticing the mother dear and me protecting the baby, causing everything to come crashing down in his eyes and making him collapse on the floor crying.

"Raise him..." I say, causing Luke to look up at me with broken eyes, "W-What...?" he asks through a mouth full of drool and puffy red eyes.

I sigh, "Raise the baby dear as an apology for murdering its parents," I tell him with a racing heart. "I need you Mia!" he cries out falling onto the floor in pain.

I frown and bite my bottom lip, turning back into my human form. I wrap my arms around his shaking form and shush him like a mother would, "I can't come back to you when you're this- this- Monster... Prove to me that you're not a monster and raise the dear and maybe... I'll come back," I tell him defeated, causing him to look up at me hopefully.

"I-I love you..." he says and pushes his forehead against my own, I try giving him a chased kiss, but he pulls me closer and heats up the kiss drastically. Our dragon's take over and I notice the baby moving back to its dead mother as Luke's dragon starts the mating process with my own dragon.

About an hour later, the mating process is complete and our dragons give us our bodies back, causing me to cough badly and semi shift into my dragon so I could heal properly. I just lost my virginity... in a forest... Where my dragon took over and I can't remember anything but the pain...