Chapter 26

I suddenly awake from my dreamless sleep and jump up from the bed, suddenly on edge. At least I'm not the only one, since Luke is also on his feet. We then hear it; a crash from downstairs.

My first reaction was to get to Amy's room, but Luke's first reaction was to hold me hostage against his chest. None of us make a sound until I hear Amy's scream.

I take Luke's shock as an advantage and run out of my room and into Amy's with my wooden baseball bat at hand.

When I get there I see a man covered in black covering her mouth and touching her so I snap and hit the bat over his head repeatedly until he's lying lifeless on the cold hard ground.

I quickly turn to the door only to see a really shocked looking hunter standing there looking at me shocked. He suddenly gets mad and before he could storm towards me, Luke snaps his head with so much anger.

I quickly pig up a crying Amy and Luke guides us downstairs, only to see 6 more hunters trashing our house, while one of them have Lexi over their shoulder and Calum is lying lifeless on the floor.

They all stop and look at us and suddenly pull up their spears. Luke can probably tell that I'm afraid for my sister, because I can practically feel him shaking with anger.

Luke then charges at one hunter, snapping his neck with ease, but then only to get impaled by a spear, causing me to scream like a banshee, it caused a bunch of hunters to drop their spears and hold their ears with pain.

Suddenly Matt's dragon self, burst through the floorboards and barbeques a bunch of the hunters, while I snap and turn, ripping them all apart.

I grab the tallest by the ears and sucks out his life-source, keeping it in my throat until he falls to the floor lifeless, as I rush toward Luke who's choking on his own blood as I cry really loudly, "It'll be alright, Luke...! Just stay awake for me please?!" I cry harder.

Lexi slowly lifts herself up, looking at Luke and I, mumbling a quiet 'No...'

Luke then let out a groan as the blood slats out from his mouth and his eyes go lifeless as he stops moving, causing my hard to give in and me to panic.

I straddle Luke and put his head between my hands as I blow the tall man's life-source into his face, causing him to heal. I then lift him to the side so that the blood could exit his throat so that he doesn't choke.

When I hear him take a large gulp of breath, I pull him into a bone-crushing hug and cry into his shoulder, but our moment is interrupted when more hunters spew into the house, but freeze when they see Matt above us.

One of the hunters hastily look at Luke and I, "Quickly, crawl over here, we'll save you," I then frown and look around panicked for Amy, only to see the basement door quickly close. I then notice Calum and Lexi are also missing.

I then shakily look up at Matt whose looking down at me with his bloody mouth and nostril only for a drop of blood to fall on my forehead.