Chapter 29

(One Month later)

I haven't been to school in a week, hence the fact that almost suddenly 2 weeks ago, the huntress whore had disappeared and I fell ill.

Luke is convinced that she had poisoned me and my mom is still convinced that I'm pregnant. Now, I am the only one who has noticed my change in weight and every time I ask Luke, he stills and freaks out, telling me I look fine, in sake of his balls being ripped off.

So here I am staring at myself in the mirror in only a bra and sweatpants, as I stare at my stomach... If that isn't what humans call a baby bump, then there has to be an alien spider that made nest there or something.

Luke started hording jewellery to try and lift my mood with presents, but all he's doing is pissing off my mother, who's jewellery always ends up on my bed thanks to Luke, and my mother actually has real diamonds, emeralds, amethysts and rubies, which are the dragons' favourite gemstones.

When she was pregnant with me and Amy, my dad had this hording thing where he'd bring back extravagant jewellery he bought on his way home, or just bring home little shiny things from work, like paperclips and staplers.

Luke on the other hand prefer stealing things since he didn't have money or a job. There's a school break coming up, and then I have to go back to my shitty job at Starbucks. I'm not complaining about the company, I actually love the beverages, but the customers are just brutal!

I sigh as I pad back into the bathroom and check the pregnancy test, which shows two little stripes... Fuck my life... I'm pregnant. 

I'm a fucking hypocrite! I tell all these other girls that it's not the end of the world that they're pregnant and that it could ruin their lives, but then BAM! I get pregnant! And there's nowhere in hell I could give my baby away, especially if s...

I'm a fucking hypocrite! I tell all these other girls that it's not the end of the world that they're pregnant and that it could ruin their lives, but then BAM! I get pregnant! And there's nowhere in hell I could give my baby away, especially if she or he is going to be some powerful damn dragon child.

What happens if the adoptive parents try to contact me, wondering why the baby has horn and a tail when it sneezes fire to the curtains and sets the house on bloody fire?!

Alright I have to calm down, I'm having a breakdown. Deep breaths... WAIT! I'm going to lay a fucking EGG! Like a fucking chicken! A chicken on motherfucking steroids!

"Mama!" I cry and runs out of the room and into my mother's room, where I notice Matt on the bed looking on edge, and my mother's panicked expression.

I run into my mother's arms and cry, "I fucking hate when you're right!" I cry, causing her to chuckle and squeal, picking me up and swaying me around, "Oh my gosh, sweetheart! Now we can go shopping for maternity clothes and baby clothes and charcoal..." she coos, making my eyes widen.

"I thought you bought an incubator?!" I ask her shocked. "Yes, but Matt says it won't work, it's not built for large dragon eggs, only small ones like Knuckers," she says and hugs me.

She then grabs my shoulders with a large smile on her face, "Let's go clean the fireplace!" she exclaims and quickly gets up and runs out of the room.

I get up and quickly go into my room, grabbing one of Luke's shirt and putting them on as I walk down the stairs towards my mother who suddenly takes a polaroid photo of me, causing me to show my dragon eyes in annoyance.

After we took out all the old firewood and charcoal in the fireplace, we then scrub it down. "Mom, I don't know why we're washing the thing if we're just going to set the thing on fire again.

"That's because, I didn't buy charcoal, I bought fire class. It burns better, it's much more expensive and it makes really hot flames, which means you can leave the egg in there as long as you want and then take it out and it's still be warm during most of the day," Matt says walking in with a large stone bowl filled with blue water-like glass and places it in the now clean fireplace.

"Also it doesn't make smoke so you could carry it all around the house and even place it in your bedroom. Also it won't burn your skin off if you light it with your dragon's fire and turn semi-dragon to make your skin tougher," Matt says again. "Thanks Matt," I thank him and hug him.

Suddenly Luke walks in with a confused expression, looking at what I assume is the pregnancy test I forgot on the bed. I walk up to him and frown as I take out a diamond earring from his hair.

He then suddenly engulfs me in a bone crushing hug as I feel some tears fall onto my back as he whispers to himself that he's going to be a father, which causes me to smile.

Nyx then suddenly catapults herself from the basement door and hugs me, "Sorry we were all eavesdropping! But finally! I know I'm not the only one...." She sings the verse from Sam Smith's song.

"But, you're like what? 6 months along by now," I tell her while Ashton pats Luke on the shoulder. Nyx then gasps and walks over to the fireplace, looking at the fire glass, causing me to spit out a ball of fire into it and lighting it on fire, causing her to jump back, "This shits like sorcery..." she says, causing the room to chuckle.

Snowflake then suddenly appears out of nowhere, with Blake holding onto her waist. She then walks over to me the best she can with his arms around her and gives me a box, "Congrats! And Luke, Liz says that you're grounded, so get your ass back home," she says, ignoring Blake's presence.

"Wait, what? Why? What did I do?" he asks incredulously. "I told her you impregnated Mia and so she bought her a gift and told me to tell you that you're grounded and to get your ass back home, now move it Goldy Locks!" she says smugly.

"Wait... You knew I was pregnant before me?!" I ask shocked. She then looks at me, "No, but he did," she says pointing at Blake, acknowledging him for the first time, causing him to wave at me innocently as they disappear with Luke.

Eish I don't want to be in the way of Luke right now, he's probably going to be out for blood especially with his overprotectiveness and now the fact that he knows he's going to be a father...